Hi everyone!

N

number1gsxxr

Hi, my name is Alex, and I'm a reefaholic. I'm in a process of setting up a 46-gal bowfront which will be a mixed reef but I have a 24-gal aquapod that is about 15 months old. I've just been taking it slow, reading and trying to learn as much as I can about this great hobby. Attached is a pic of my tank so far.

Anyway, I am glad to be here, and hope to learn info from many of you. :)

Attachments

• fish 010.jpg
    fish 010.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 229
welcome to the BRS. I have a 46 Bow too that I just broke down to a QT tank. You will be getting the bug soon and buying a bigger tank. lol.
Good luck

The only pics I have of my aquapod are from when I just got it, but here is one from a while back. The blue coral is just a skeleton I bought in FL when I was little. I never had any live corals in it since I couldn’t get the water quality up to par. I made a lot of mistakes but I learned a lot along the way. I also now know why my snails kept dying. There was nothing for them to eat :eek:

Now all I have in it is a coral banded shrimp, some hermits, and a few snails since I'd like to get rid of it. I think I'll trade the CBS back to my LFS too since I'm going a different route with the bowfront.

Attachments

• fish 003.jpg
    fish 003.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 214
Nice pics of the new and old tank... And glad to hear you're going to be taking it slow it'll def be worth it ten-fold in the long run...

Looks good. You should think about moving the green star polyps. They will over grow your rock work and become a real PITA later on. It's best kept on an isolated rock on the sand bed.

Back