Hi everyone

creatureteacher

Non-member
After many many years away from the hobby, I decided to start a nano reef (28g JBJ HQI). For a while I had the "itch", mostly due to some recent trips to Belize. What pushed me over the edge was the relatively low cost of the unit I bought. At any rate, I am once again addicted! I have decided to make this a Caribbean reef and would appreciate any help finding creatures for it. I bought cultured Florida rock and was able to get most of the attached corals through the cycle without harm and they seem to be thriving now. Does anyone know where I might find some other SPS that LOOK like Caribbean species (I understand it is neer impossible to get live Caribbean SPS)? I have already found a lot of great info from BRS members and I think these forums are great.

I have had a few tanks over 30 years in the hobby and can tell you.. if you start a 28 Gallon cube, just be careful.. you are limited in stock ie coral and fish and water chemistry and heat will be major issues during the summer.

I just broke down my 140 Gallon tank and moved into a 28 Gallon Bio cube... good luck in creating a carribean reef.. it will look nice once established... try Donovan's Reef he is in Florida.

:w to the BRS! If you post your location it may be easier for people to help you find the corals that you are looking for. BTW, we love pictures.

I can appreciate that. I'm really only looking for a gramma and a couple of blennies. As for the heat problem, I purchased a small chiller when I bought the unit. Thanks for the heads up on Donovans reef.

WelcomeBRS5.jpg

Back