Hi, my name is Nick and I have red bugs

this is me

I like turtles
BRS Member
And I got photos to prove it too. :mad: I just noticed them today after reviewing some shots I've taken of the tank.
Now, who got interceptors?

81913189.jpg

81913190.jpg

Photos taken with
Nikon D70s
Nikkor AFS-105mm f/2.8 VR
Nikkor 1.7x AFS teleconvertor
Nikon SB800 Speedlight

Got about 5 pills in providence, You will only need 1 to dose the tank and dip anything that you get for quite some time to come. Me personally i dip everything in betadine in fact i have been playing with higher concentrations with good results, all acros, millies,stylos anything branching i use both betadine and interceptor on.

I've safely dipped with up to 8ml of betadine with a staggered dose. For the first 15minutes 5ml to 4 cups of water then i add an additional 3ml for last 15 minutes. I hit them with interceptor for 5 1/2 hours prior adding the betadine to the interceptor.

So far acans, zoos, zoas, montis, stylos, milles, acros, have all had a 100% survival rate even with the higher concentration. I have noticed unwanted guests not evacuating until the second 3ml dose is added. Interceptor seems to also allow for a large margin of error and no ill effects are caused by overdosing save the fact that it can get expensive.

Last edited:
Hey Nick, I have quite a bit left in Marlboro and you are welcome to some if you want to pick it up. The pics are quite amazing!

Not to derail thread but.....aefw. Can they survive without acros in the tank, or do they die off like red bugs. Just curious don't have em don't want em but in order to combat an enemy you need to get a better understanding of how they live/survive.

Well, they are kind of cute.... Maybe they need a new name like pink nosed golden dots and everyone will want them :)

I have some interceptor if you still need it.

Thanks for the generosity of everyone offering the interceptor.
I've dealt with these guys before and they're a heck lot easier than anything else. The only thing is that this time, I need to get the acro crab out of the tank. That could be a challenge.

Back