HOw long should MH take to light?

I have seen many XM DEs not fire on electronic ballasts, so many so that I no longer sell them that way, or even try them myself. If you look at IceCap they even have a disclaimer about using their ballast for some DE lamps (XM included, ARO private labeled e-ballasts for IC for awhile). The ironic thing is that ARO and XM are from the same company.
I have spoken with those guys out there many times about this issue. The best advise they seem to be able to offer is wait, That ballast will continue to try for restart (I think it's on a 10 minute cycle), Once the bulb fires and burns in it should fire regularly. One trick I have gotten to work is to fire it first on a magnectic ballast to burn it in. Then switch it out back to the electronic. If you don't happen to have an extra HQI ballast laying around, I would leave it powered up for the day and see if it will fire. One word of caution Those ARO ballasts don't like the on-off on-off of testing. I have fried both a 150 and a 250 that way. They will replace it but it's a PITA waiting.
Good Luck
Marc

Its not the breaker. Theres other stuff running on the outlet, and none of it has stopped.

Thanks Marco. I'll just leave it on all night tonight when I'm home. That'll give it from about 5 to about 7 in the morning to light, and if it can't light in 14 hours, theres seriously something wrong.

I still havent heard back from the store I bought it from. He'll get the benefit of the doubt, I'll run it for a couple of hours tonight. IF it doesnt start up, are there any local places you guys know of that will exchange a bulb?

I'm in boston.

Marco, what bulbs do you reccomend for ARO electronic ballasts in 250w DE.

What do they fire the easiest?

AB seems to fire well, but then there are a lot of people that don't care for the color of AB.

Back