How to remove Anenome??? help please

jtmac

Aquaholic since 1999
BRS Member
My BTA's have split like there is no tomorrow. Started out with one nice one now I have 5! I want to remove 4 of them and open for trade or sell them but I'm not sure how to move them out without hurting them. Removing the rocks there on is no an option so is there a way I can tickle there feet to get them to let go of the rocks there on? Any suggestions would be a tremendous help to me. Once I get them out I will post in the wanted thread.

Thank you

John

There was a discussion here recently on how to do just that. I just did a search and of course I can not seam to find the thread.

Look back through "reef talk" and it should be there.

I say tickle the foot and see if it lets go.

I agree with Jennifer's "tickle" method. I also have used a credit card depending on the arguement the foot gives you and the surface of the rock it is on. Just gradually work the card under the foot and they usually will give up and release easier. The plastic doesn't seem to do any damage that I have seen. good luck!

I'm a big powerhead fan.

Blast 'em to put them where you want them, and then tickle away! This is especially useful if they're tucked into crevices and you want them out in the open.

Thanks everyone. i got 3 of the 5 out. 2 were easy they were on the same rock separate from the rock work. the other one was tuff to get him to let go but he did after a while. The clowns look upset but they also hosted with the Sabea Anenome so i don't think it will cause any problems ( I hope). I hated moving them but there causing problems with the corals and 5 is just too many.

John

I've had success with the ice cube and then tickle method...

Back