Huge worm swimming in my tank

Mr.Rodrigo502

Non-member
Hey so I was walking by my tank and I saw this guy swimming in the open area towards the surface of the water
And it's fat and about 7 inches long what is it and is it good or bad... I scooped it out....btw it's releasing a toxin.... He is minutes away towards getting flushed down the toilet
jemuhu7y.jpg

most eunicid worms are very colorful.. tha doesn't appeaer to be very colorful.. large bristleworm... probably getting ready to spawn... :)

I have one approaching that size. It's not hurting anything yet and hear they are good scavengers. Sometimes it makes an appearance when I feed mysis, else we only see it at night with a flashlight.

Thought they were black or brown? I've never seen a bristle worm "swim" as he describes above. Weird

Ive got one of those bad boys as well. Doesnt seem to mess with anything. But then agaian i dont hace much to bother. I jyst moved my tank axross the room and hes been seen swiming around. If anyone thinks its simething bad let me know ill "shoot and burn him"

Other than bristle worms I don't really think that there are any other "good" worms that belong in our tanks.

thats not a fireworm. if it was you would see spines sticking out on either side of it. give him a home if your fuge if you have one

Back