Hurricane/Tropical storm season

stingythingy45

BRS Member
What do you all have for back up power? Or plan in case there's an outage?
I have:

2- small 2 stroke 1500 watt max generators. (They run 4 hrs. on 1 gallon gas.)
1- 750 watt inverter (I'll use this until I get the gennies running)
2- Penn-plax silent air battery powered air pumps.( one comes on automatically**B11** when a power outage)

Do yourself a favor.
Get ready now if you're not prepared!

6500w Honda geny!!
Runs a good portion of my entire house (and all of my tank).

Like having front porch light on and watching Satellite Tv when power is out :)

Now.....keeping the gas cans full, that's the kicker (just like a spare propane), lol

^Same here (generac) can run most of the house off it. One thing we try not to run is the tv. Been told generators make "dirty" power that's not really good for high end electronics. Rather not risk the new tv.

4,000W generator for me (3,500 running). It runs most of my house. Best $300 I have spent

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I keep my 8kW generator full of Sunoco 260GTX race fuel. Unlike pump gas, it contains no ethenol, and has a 2 year shelf life, vs. a couple of weeks for pump gas. Generator starts first time, every time. No issues when I need it.

Whole house generator other than hearing it running I don't even know the power went out.

Jim

RV in the driveway with 4500kw genset and extension cord...the ice storm few years back seems to have greatly cut down on our power outages.

All my life we had at least one outage of several hours to days per year. About 6 yrs ago I bought a simple 4000w generator. Haven't lost power for more than10 minutes since.

2x battery powered air pumps. And, 2x batteries!
Plus an awesome little Rayovac lantern - the thing is the size of a tall can of soda and lights up a whole room.

I have a generally kick-butt power grid here, and rarely lose power for any appreciable length of time.

Ecotech battery backup worth it.

Did you mean that as a question or a statement?

I have the Ecotech battery back up and it has always worked when I tested it. Kind of spendy, but IMO worth it as long as it works.

Also a second to battery back up air pumps. Penplax B11's are the best bang for the buck you can get when it comes to power outage protection.

My first tank crashed because of a bad winter storm, 3 days without power. I went on Craigslist and bought a compact 2500w generator for $125. Works awesome, and powers my tank completely and maybe a couple other things as well.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Back