i lost 2 shrimp in 2 months! Help!

Qwank

Non-member
I had a cleaner shrimp in my NC12 for about 7 months. i get up one day and its gone. so i get a new one 2 days later. its been in there 2 months. same thing, one day just disappeared with out a trace. my tank is doing great, i have no water issues or algea or anything. the only thing i can think of is my purple psuedocromis killed them. i cant remember when i put the psuedo in the tank but i was over the summer and was the last thing introduced at the time. the shrimp was first, then my clownfish. the first shrimp died around thanksgiving.

i have seen the psuedo strike at the shimp a few times and it would only let them stay in one corner of the tank. has anyone else have problem with thier psuedos?

i'm thinking of getting rid of the psudo before it kills my clown. i've seen him attack the clown during feedings, but the clown usualy holds his ground and attacks back. i'm very uset about the first shrimp because it would constantly clean the clown. the second one never did. i think it was too afraid to leave his corner

Back