I'm new to Reefs but I feel like Im home!

Royalty

Reefer In Training
The only problem was after I register my account I didnt get access to anything besides looking at ever one elses post not cool! I was starting to get puss'd off the site claims that you get free access to posting members and stuff but the stupid admin kept'd stoping me from doing anything Im I the only one that had gone through this ? I had to pay for the member ship just to talk to you guys now?

never heard of that before, usually after you register your all set.
welcome, what do you have for a tank setup??
we love pictures!!!

The only problem was after I register my account I didnt get access to anything besides looking at ever one elses post not cool! I was starting to get puss'd off the site claims that you get free access to posting members and stuff but the stupid admin kept'd stoping me from doing anything Im I the only one that had gone through this ? I had to pay for the member ship just to talk to you guys now?

As one of the admins you are talking about, I've already sent you an email about your registration issues, and replied to the one(s) you sent. If you resolve the ones I asked about to meet the existing BRS User Agreement requirements, we can approve your account, paid or not, as long it isn't a duplicate, etc.

Also, as an FYI for everyone - forum admin is done on a 100% volunteer basis. We all have jobs, families and responsibilities besides the BRS, and we can't always wait online to approve accounts immediately. We make every effort to approve accounts within 24-48 hours. Sending repeated emails about getting the account approved doesn't speed the process along at all, since the finite amount of time to do forum admin must be divided between account approval and reviewing the emails sent to the club's admin accounts.

A Jay stated above the club is run completely by volunteers so sometimes patience is essential.

Welcome to the club.

Looks like I might have gotten on the admin bad side ..lol didnt mean to .. I just found myself stuck for alittle over 9 hours plus 10 I wasnt happy plus I dont know how reefers is run so you can get to ain't see . anyways I have so far 3 tanks and one the way so 4 total one 125 gallon nothing in it do to the fact that I was not to sure how the weight would hold up on a third floor . the other two are small I got my girlfriend into my hubby so she has a 6 gal fluval tank the all in one its nice where still workin out the ruff edges not sure what to do next ? O and my 10 gallon tank thats setting on my 72 bowfront stand Looking for the tank and canopy to match do you know anybody thats selling one ?? I got the cash $$ if you got the tank / canopy ? Ill put up some pictures in a few I'm just not sue how yet? lol

Welcome.
Check out the equipment for sale forum. You can also post in the want to buy forum. Tanks come up often.

Reddman97

Hello everyone i'm also new to reefs, I always had tanks with cichlids and gars etc. But I finally manned up and went salt water! I have a 75g with a wet/dry and skimmer I have 45 lbs of figi rock and live sand and a 4 dual actinic compact flourescent lights on a fan. That's it!. It seems what was overkill for a freshwater setup only scratches the surface of a reef setup. It's been running for a week now. I've been told by local shop that I have to run it for at least a month to get the nitrogen cycle going.

Hello everyone i'm also new to reefs, I always had tanks with cichlids and gars etc. But I finally manned up and went salt water! I have a 75g with a wet/dry and skimmer I have 45 lbs of figi rock and live sand and a 4 dual actinic compact flourescent lights on a fan. That's it!. It seems what was overkill for a freshwater setup only scratches the surface of a reef setup. It's been running for a week now. I've been told by local shop that I have to run it for at least a month to get the nitrogen cycle going.

Welcome to the club....the local shop is spot on, but the cycle could go even longer than a month.

How do I post pic's up of my tank on a thread??

Not sure how to put uploads of my tanks do I have to go throw photobucket and copy and paste them or Im I not seeing the sign that says post pic here ..::

Welcome to the Boston Reefers

Welcome to the Boston Reefers. It's a great club with lots of people with knowledge about reefs and reef keeping. There is a lot of sharing and people go out of their way to help others.
Give me a shout if you have questions.
Tom

OceanGuy

Back