Sold Innovative Marine 170 gal EXT with Stand (White) and More

Dr Jim

BRS Member
West Warwick, R.I.

THE I.M.170 GALLON TANK HAS BEEN SOLD. I HAVE MANY OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE AND HAVE MOVED THESE ITEMS TO ANOTHER THREAD WHICH IS NEATER AND MORE ORGANIZED. YOU CAN VIEW THEM HERE:

Other items for sale:

10-Stage RO/DI System (Bulk Reef Supply)...........$450.00

-6 DI cylinders: 2 Cation; 2 Anion; 2 Mixed Bed
-Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump
-Two 29 Gal Tanks on stands: One for RODI; one for salt mixing

SUMP: Home-made 60 gal Breeder (48"L x 18"W x 16"H);
I added baffles (1/4" glass) with hole drilled for float valve....... $125.00

30 GAL Q tank with 15 gal sump
w/Bioballs; Sicce Pump; Wood 2x4 stand....... $50 or best offer

I'm also selling tools (to build stands, etc) and household furniture (from where to enjoy your tank!) :)

Tank after uncrating in garage (July '22)
Tank. New 170. 7.14.22.jpg

4/17/23 Just starting to remove items from tank. I'll be in Rhode Island until about 4/21/23. After that Buyers can meet with my realtor but it would be great if anyone interested could come while I'm here:
170.1.jpg

170.2.jpg

170.3.jpg

End doors were not installed. They are still in original shipping package along with screen cover that fits within "Euro-brace" top.
170 end pieces.jpg

Euro-brace top:
170 euro.jpg

170.4.jpg

170.5.jpg

PM me if interested. I'm only around for a few more days (until about 4/20-21), If you are viewing this after those dates, arrangements can be made with my realtor for you to come look at it.

Last edited:
PRICE LOWERED TO $900 OR BEST OFFER

I will be in R.I. in a week or two, but just for about one week, in case anyone would like to come see the aquarium and equipment I have for sale (including almost new household furniture).

It is the front left bottom corner. Did you see the photos in this link?:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/c...-need-recommendation-for-acrylic-tank.923962/

For someone fussy about how it looks, the triangular pieces of glass on the outside can be removed. I had a couple of long phone convesations with Joe from Glass Cages (who builds tanks.... and is a real nice guy) and he assured me that EITHER method of repair would be fine (i.e. two pieces of glass with overlapping edges on the outside OR one piece inside on the bottom corner). I didn't care how it looks since I'm using it as a SPS grow-out tank so I used BOTH methods for extra "security." I also used an oversize piece of glass on the inside bottom corner, 4 times the size that Joe suggested, again, for added "security". I've repaired tanks in this manner in the past and am confident that it is fine. Joe also assured me that because of the nature of the crack trans versing the corner, the crack is "finished" and won't "spread." The tank has been filled and running since last August. I've been in Florida since October and controlling the system remotely. I'm not at all worried about it leaking. It's just a shame that a brand-new tank has to have an unaesthetic blemish like this.

If I could find a means to transport the tank to Florida for a reasonable cost I would do that (and may end up doing this somehow if I can't sell it, especially if I can't sell my furniture and have to move that, too).

If anyone is interested in me contacting you when I'm back in R.I. (in about 7-14 days) please PM me (as some have done already). I do plan to post more photos as soon as I'm back.
Thank you.
Jim

Tentative plan at the moment is for me to drive up and be back in R.I. by next Saturday (4/15). I may only be there for 3-5 days to make arrangements to sell my condo, furniture and aquarium goods. After that, reefers would need to meet with my realtor (but communicate with me). It may take a couple of months to sell the condo so not all the sales need to be finalized during the short time I will be there next week although that would be best.
Thank you.
Jim

Plans are definite for me to be back to R.I. and available for visits starting Sunday (4/16). Length of time I will be there is uncertain but I'm estimating 4-5 days.
Please PM me if interested in seeing the tank(s) or RO/DI system.
Thank you.
Jim

4/16/23
I'm back in R.I. for about 5 days in case anyone wants to contact me about anything. I will be posting more pictures later today.

10-Stage RO/DI System (Bulk Reef Supply)...........$450.00
-6 DI cylinders: 2 Cation; 2 Anion; 2 Mixed Bed
-Aquatec 8800 Booster Pump
-Two triple TDS meters
-I have new, in package, (1) Sediment and (2) Carbon blocks that I will include.
-TDS coming out of membrane is "4" which is the same as when membrane was new.
-None of the DI cartridges have started to change color.
-Two 29 Gal Tanks on stands: One for RODI; one for salt mixing

-OPTIONAL: Spectrapure Liquid Level Controller.......add $50 (New: $165 + tax and shipping).
See info here: https://spectrapure.com/products/si...gpd-llc-300-115-1?_pos=2&_sid=489db54b9&_ss=r

System was set up 11 months ago. For past 6 months it was used only for water top off while I was in Florida (no water changes).

I will be in R.I. only for about 5 days; I will have to disassemble the system in a couple of days so if you want to see it while it is working, please contact me immediately. The system can still be purchased after I leave RI but it will be boxed up and you will meet with my realtor just to purchase it.

Here is system with the two 29 gal tanks below. They were built so one is above the other to save space. There is a valve to empty water from RODI holding tank to Salt Mixing. (Green velcro strap on right cylinders is just to hold electrical power cord back away from door. Will be discarded)

RI RODO system.jpg

10 Stage system with booster pump. Black box on right is part of the optional Spectrapure Liquid Level System. This is the main shut off of the system with the vacuum tube component in the RODI collecting tank below. I've been using these Spectrapure systems for years and never had a failure but there are two other backups with the system: The Auto Shut Off that comes with the BRS system and I added an Aquatec Pressure switch.
RI RODO.jpg

Two 29 Gal tanks. The Spectrapure Liquid Level Controller vacuum tube can be seen in the upper right corner of the RODI tank. Note compact design to fit in tight space.
RI RODO.tanks. endjpg.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(3) EHEIM JAGER HEATERS 200W: Used this past winter only.............$15 Each

Last edited:
30 Gallon Q-Tank with 20 Gal Sump

-Built 9 months ago (My cost was around $350 New).........Sell for $150
-Eschopps Eclipse M Overflow Box ($150 New)
-Spears 1" Gate Valve ($50 new; very precise control)
-Sump has chamber with Bioballs; Room for Skimmer; Float valve for RODI top-off
-OPTIONAL: Octo Regal 150INT 6" Internal Protein Skimmer (VarioS) ($550 New).....$200
-Sicce Return Pump
-Wood 2x4 Stand
-Rock not included; Sand for free if you want it.
-OPTIONAL: 15W Aqua UV Advantage In-line UV ($150 New); Used for 1 month last summer when I quarantined some fish).............. $70

I will be emptying tank in a day or two. Please PM me if you want to see it soon.

-Sump has chamber with Bioballs; Room for Skimmer; Float valve for RODI top-off
-Sicce Return Pump
-Wood 2x4 Stand
-Rock not included; Sand for free if you want it.
-OPTIONAL: 15W Aqua UV Advantage In-line UV ($150 New); Used for 1 month last summer when I quarantined some fish).............. $70

I will be emptying tank in a day or two. Please PM me if you want to see it soon.

30 gal.jpg

Eclipse M: https://premiumaquatics.com/products/eshopps-eclipse-overflow-kit-1.html
30 gal.overflowjpg.jpg

Sump
30 gal.sumpjpg.jpg

OPTIONAL UV:
30 uv.jpg

Last edited:
THE I.M.170 GALLON TANK HAS BEEN SOLD. I HAVE MANY OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE AND HAVE MOVED THESE ITEMS TO ANOTHER THREAD WHICH IS NEATER AND MORE ORGANIZED. YOU CAN VIEW THEM HERE:

Back