MichaelJ

Reefer
BRS Member
GHL just got delivered!

Attachments

• IMG_1749.jpeg
    IMG_1749.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 125
There’s a lot of setup youtube videos, I’d watch the one corresponding to what your doing before doing it so you have a general idea. At least that’s what works for me lol

Do a lot of research first. Setting of each task isn’t the easiest thing, but depending how well you understand it, It can help you set up other tasks.
Personally, I made a list of all the things I wanted to do, did some research, and crossed things off the list, one by one. Return pump, heater, skimmer and maintenance pause were the biggest ones for me. I’d suggest doing those ones first.

Do a lot of research first. Setting of each task isn’t the easiest thing, but depending how well you understand it, It can help you set up other tasks.
Personally, I made a list of all the things I wanted to do, did some research, and crossed things off the list, one by one. Return pump, heater, skimmer and maintenance pause were the biggest ones for me. I’d suggest doing those ones first.
Yeah..did some YouTube watching last night, a little intimidating.

I haven’t tried it, but apparently there’s an easier way to set up and link devices now. And the GHL section on R2R is good for support.

I haven’t tried it, but apparently there’s an easier way to set up and link devices now. And the GHL section on R2R is good for support.
My issue now is it has a hard time connecting……I never set up a hotspot, and I have super fast internet speed,

The hotspot is a direct link to your phone , doesn’t use your internet in case your internet goes down you can still check your hotspot from the profilux. The web connection is the one that connects to your internet. I’m pretty sure it also only works on 2.4ghz and not the 5ghz connection.

The hotspot is a direct link to your phone , doesn’t use your internet in case your internet goes down you can still check your hotspot from the profilux. The web connection is the one that connects to your internet. I’m pretty sure it also only works on 2.4ghz and not the 5ghz connection.
Ahh ok, yeah, basically I have to unplug my system and plug it back in then it hooks up. (not always). But I just had to do it now. I am working off an iPad

Yes, it only works with 2.4, but all Wi-Fi routers have a 2.4 channel. You want to set up the hotspot to use in case the profilux has problems with the Internet. Otherwise you have to use a cable to a computer, which is a pain. The profilux doesn’t always work well with mesh networks, do you have a mesh network? If so, you might want to put a dedicated non-mesh access point somewhere near the profilux. There are many products you can use to do this.

Yes, it only works with 2.4, but all Wi-Fi routers have a 2.4 channel. You want to set up the hotspot to use in case the profilux has problems with the Internet. Otherwise you have to use a cable to a computer, which is a pain. The profilux doesn’t always work well with mesh networks, do you have a mesh network? If so, you might want to put a dedicated non-mesh access point somewhere near the profilux. There are many products you can use to do this.
I don’t think I have a mesh network, I have Verizon dsl, and the router does have both 2.4 and 5.0

Back