July Annual Reefkeeping Junk Yard Wars Competition and Cookout!!!

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
It's that time of the year again!!! Keep Sunday July 22nd free for one of the funnest meetings of the whole year!!! As an added bonus we need all your reefkeeping junk!!! So come out and have a great time and get rid of your junk!!! I know my wife is looking forward to this meeting so the attic gets a little less cluttered :p

If you've never been to the Annual Junk Yards Competition here is a quick rundown of what goes on...

1) people bring in their junk
2) teams make a "reef" setup how ever you want it
3) tanks usually break
4) people get drenched
5) everybody laughs and has an awesome time
6) the team with the best set up gets bragging rights (aesthetics count too :D)

We also take a break from the normal pizza and bring a grill and do some BBQ'ing...

Again if you've never been it's an absolute blast and hopefully everybody can make it ::

Details

Where:
Framingham Elks
450 Union Ave
Framingham MA 01702

Directions

When: Sunday July 22nd
Time: 12 PM - 4 PM

Yes the junk yard wars is a blast! As I remember from last year there was a trophy made from pvc fittings.

OH man, We will be in Maine. This will be 2 in a row I have to miss :( Could you please consult me before planning the next one. :)

Yeah my son and I got certified and dove there last year for the first time... It was awesome. We go every year..it's a great father son experience..and now I'm getting him into reef aquariums as well!

I just picked up a bunch of stuff from jt628 that I'll bring with us to the meeting: two sumps, a skimmer, a pump, flexible tubing, pvc tubing, valves, etc. I have some extra pvc piping and stuff I'll bring to the meeting as well, but no where near as much as what jt donated.

KidsX are all excited and were asking a bunch of questions. Maybe someone can provide more info on how this is going to work so I can pass it on to them (and get them off my back!).

I just picked up a bunch of stuff from jt628 that I'll bring with us to the meeting: two sumps, a skimmer, a pump, flexible tubing, pvc tubing, valves, etc. I have some extra pvc piping and stuff I'll bring to the meeting as well, but no where near as much as what jt donated.

KidsX are all excited and were asking a bunch of questions. Maybe someone can provide more info on how this is going to work so I can pass it on to them (and get them off my back!).

The idea is that we break up into teams. Depending on how many people come depends on how many teams. We try to do 4 to a team. You are given a reasonable amount of time to put together a working reef tank from what is available. The tank that looks and runs the best wins. It is a lot of fun.

And when they say go, Grab what you think you will need. If you wait too long it may be gone, this includes the drill and bit. LOL
It is a lot of fun. Wish I was not going to miss it. :(

gosh darnit....of course waterfest is that weekend!!! i havent been able to make a single spring or summer meeting :(

Well as usual I can't make it. I have 55g tank that held water fine the last time I used it and may be able to gather up some other stuff, but def that tank as of now...

Anyone from the area that is going that can grab it? Or anyone who will be in the area before then that wants to grab and bring it let me know.

Meetings coming up this weekend. Just checked the weather and it looks like it won't be too hot out :D

Well as usual I can't make it. I have 55g tank that held water fine the last time I used it and may be able to gather up some other stuff, but def that tank as of now...

Anyone from the area that is going that can grab it? Or anyone who will be in the area before then that wants to grab and bring it let me know.

Anyone??

Back