Just PU my CA Reactor, thanx Dan!!

Scuba_Dave

Non-member
I'll have to post a pic when I get home.
Thank Dan!! You are the man!!
Very nice job, looks great
I did get a few stares as I walked into work :D

CA Reactor

Attachments

• CA-Reactor.jpg
    CA-Reactor.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 202
The top...VERY smooth!! Just need to hit Lowes for some more wing nuts & I'll be ready to assemble everything & install

Attachments

• CA-Reactor-top.jpg
    CA-Reactor-top.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 207
very nice

looks good, keep us posted on your setup progress......

Dan does do A1 work.

Looks good Dave as Rob said keep us posted on the performance when you have it running, I especially would like to see the tank & effluent pH if your set up to get good measurements.

Jim

Dave,

On the recirculation line from the pump you have 1/4 inch tubing running from the PVC elbow to the top of the flange on cylinder one, whats is its purpose?

Jim

That is a feedback loop, it will take any left over C02 from the top of the first chamber and allow it to run through again. I find it to lowersmy CO2 consumption

Dan

Dave and/or Dan: I assume this reactor is, specifically, a "calcium carbonate reactor". As I begin to research my plans to build my own reactor, would you mind contrasting this design with that of the "Nilsen" style or kalkwasser reactors? I'd be interested to learn more about the advantages/disadvantages of each. I can't seem to find that kind of info through Google, reefcentral, etc. (Yet, I find plenty of DIY plans for both...)

Thanks, and pardon the thread interruption! Looks like the DIY project came out extremely well!

spectrum said:
That is a feedback loop, it will take any left over C02 from the top of the first chamber and allow it to run through again. I find it to lowers my CO2 consumption
Dan
I didn't even notice that....:)
Dan knows more about this then me....I'll answer anything I can.....

Back