Koralia Nano 425's vs Maxi-jet 400 pro's in circulation mode

aanold

Non-member
Not a question just a comment to help folks decide in the future between these two. Each situation will be different but I just wanted to let folks know what I found out.

When I was choosing circulation pumps for my 28 Gal bowfront I had decided to buy two Max-jet 400's (bought the pro model so that they could be used in ciculation mode rated up to 400 gph). Once installed they had great flow but hummed / buzzed, which I kind of just got used to figuring that it was the nature of the beast. I tried a million different things to get them to be quieter and nothing made much of a difference.

After a month of this, I decided to try out the Koralia Nano 425's after seeing them on sale and boy the difference was clear from the start. Super quiet and I can barely notice any difference in flow and not mention they are smaller and easier to mount.

The Maxi's will make great saltwater mixing powerheads now.

Maxi's aren't that great at mixing salt either.
I started out with 4 Maxi's and replaced them with Koralia over the year.
So I use the Maxi to mix salt now but sometimes they still stuck, not sure why,, have to hit them couple time to restart them.

I've got 4 Nano 425's in my 26 set on a wave making power strip. I love their small profile and easy mounting ability.

Back