Lifeguard Quiet One Model 9000

johnbarr

Non-member
What's the skinny about this Quiet One pumps. I am thinks of using QO Model 6000 or 9000 submersed. The new ones are supposed to be low heat transfer and fairly efficient. Appreciate your comments. Thanks.

nothing major but I have central ac in the summer so i don't notice heat all that much.I have 3 quiet one 3000 running in my sump and 3 250 de's about 6 inched off my tank(210).I run a 8 inch house fan on low and the tank never goes above 81 degrees.

I too have been running a 3000 for the past 2 years without a single hiccup. No problems starting back up and I turn the return off at least once a day when I feed. Cheap, efficient, and negligable heat output (especially when compared to more popular pumps like Mag drives). A good buy IMO.
Chris

i've been running an older external model without issue for 6 yrs. and the pump is probably 9yrs or older.
do not notice heat transfer,,no leaks and very quiet.

What's the skinny about this Quiet One pumps. I am thinks of using QO Model 6000 or 9000 submersed. The new ones are supposed to be low heat transfer and fairly efficient. Appreciate your comments. Thanks.

Theres no such thing as low heat transfer. If its submerged, all the electricity it uses is being converted into heat, and going into your tank. Look at wattage for submersibles to see how much heat they transfer. If its external, thats a different story.

If you're going to run a pump that big, look at external flow rated pumps. The Sequence Snapper and Dart are good choices, and there are a bunch of others.

Theres no such thing as low heat transfer. If its submerged, all the electricity it uses is being converted into heat, and going into your tank. Look at wattage for submersibles to see how much heat they transfer. If its external, thats a different story.

If you're going to run a pump that big, look at external flow rated pumps. The Sequence Snapper and Dart are good choices, and there are a bunch of others.

you can run the quiet ones in or outside the sump and the elec they use in most cases is alot less than most pumps in there range.

Thanks all.
buying sump, looking at eheim, mag, and quiet-one.
price/head pressure, Quiet it is,
Johnbarr, maybe we can get a pool order together.
checking out sites/shipping now.
Bob <Stimpy>

Theres no such thing as low heat transfer. If its submerged, all the electricity it uses is being converted into heat, and going into your tank. Look at wattage for submersibles to see how much heat they transfer.

A pump converts the electricity used into two kinds of energy - kinetic energy (water movement) and thermal energy(heat). A more efficient pump will have a higher ratio of kinetic/thermal energy output. For example two pumps running at 100 watts each..

Pump A outputs 2000gph

Pump B outputs 2500gph

Pump B will also produce less heat, it has to, 100 watts is a fixed amount of energy imput and both pumps have to output the exact amout of energy, a combo of kinetic and thermal in this case. it is some basic law of physics (forget which).

A pump converts the electricity used into two kinds of energy - kinetic energy (water movement) and thermal energy(heat). A more efficient pump will have a higher ratio of kinetic/thermal energy output. For example two pumps running at 100 watts each..

Pump A outputs 2000gph

Pump B outputs 2500gph

Pump B will also produce less heat, it has to, 100 watts is a fixed amount of energy imput and both pumps have to output the exact amout of energy, a combo of kinetic and thermal in this case. it is some basic law of physics (forget which).

conservation of matter and energy.......

I have a QuiteOne, after 2 month of usage, it failed to restart every time when it was unplug and plug back in.

I just bought the 2200 today for my 29 gal. Haven't used it yet, but B- recommends it.

Back