Light Question

mrcote1

Non-member
After about 5 years of being out of the hobby (mostly) im getting back in finally now that we are finally moved into the house we plan on staying in and renovations are all done!

Im going with the Waterbox Infinia 190.5 but im stuck on what lights to get. I was originally thinking the Radion G6s but now the AP9X or the Illumagic X4 both look like good options too. Id either do 2 AP9Xs, 3 XR15's or 3 Illumagic X4s.

Has anyone had or seen 2 or 3 of the lights mentioned above and can speak to pros and cons? Ive done a lot of research and am now leaning towards AP9X but id like to get some other opinions

Have a look at the GHL Mitras. I just put four of them over my new build. Love them and the spectrum that they produce. Quick pick from when it first got wet. They were just on sale for 15% off too, but not sure if they still are or not.
PXL_20240307_003657989.MP (1).jpg

Fan of the radions. I have the g6 pros. I have used black box no names, pacific sun, orpheks, apex. Found the radions to be best imo

What made you go with the pros over the blues?
Looked at both in the stores, watched videos online, and spoke with Dre and Yorgos at love the reef. The blues were just to blue imo. If I ran just an lps tank maybe but the pros get very blue as well. I run an sps and lps tank.

Yea if I go Radion I was having a hard time deciding pros or blues. So the pros can go typical blue mix of lighting youd say (whereas the blues get a stronger deeper dedicated blue)?

Yea if I go Radion I was having a hard time deciding pros or blues. So the pros can go typical blue mix of lighting youd say (whereas the blues get a stronger deeper dedicated blue)?
I would say that’s accurate. Pretty much the best way to describe it is when you go to any frag show or look at corals online and EVERYTHING is all blue that’s the look you will get if you go blues. Having some whiter spectrum is important to

After about 5 years of being out of the hobby (mostly) im getting back in finally now that we are finally moved into the house we plan on staying in and renovations are all done!

Im going with the Waterbox Infinia 190.5 but im stuck on what lights to get. I was originally thinking the Radion G6s but now the AP9X or the Illumagic X4 both look like good options too. Id either do 2 AP9Xs, 3 XR15's or 3 Illumagic X4s.

Has anyone had or seen 2 or 3 of the lights mentioned above and can speak to pros and cons? Ive done a lot of research and am now leaning towards AP9X but id like to get some other opinions
welcome back

I have pros and blues over my tank and with the canopy shut its impossible to tell the difference between a pro and a blue. I am a huge fan of radions! They can match each other in color in the same color template so unless you have a tank over 30inch deep there pretty similar lights imo. But I would also recommend 2 xr30s over your tank. My last tank was 60x30x30 and I ran 3 xr30s over it and was amazing but could of taken off one light but swapping toy 3 xr15s I don't think would be best and might require adding more lights down the road. Xr 15 cover 18x18 and xr30 is 24x30. I leave on vacation for next 10 days or woukd offer to see my tank to really see. I have a mix of pros and blues gen 4-6 and they all match imo

Back