Lizbeli’s WB 60.2 - Back in it!

Lizbeli

BRS Member
Hello everyone, good to be back in the hobby. My last tank was a WB 70.3. I had it up for a couple years until I was too burnt out trying to get married before cancer took my father. I honestly didn’t think id come back to this hobby so soon. But I’m hopefully keeping this tank up until we buy a new house!

Waterbox 60.2

What I have now:
- Hydros controller
  • XP8 Energy bar
  • Control 2
  • ATO sensor and temp sensor
- Reef Octopus Varios 2
- GHL Mitras 7 (overboard for possibility of acro dominated tank)
- Red Sea Reefmat 500
- Helio Universal Heater Controller
- Tunze 6095 (may do two of these)
- Adaptive Reef Controller Cabinet

Livestock is not set in stone besides a royal gramma who has been in quarantine for a month now.

Ill also be using 15lbs of KP Aquatics live rock to seed which will be here next week. I was successful with acros for the first time in my last tank, so I want to give it a go for an sps dominated tank this time. But who knows!

IMG_7946.jpeg

IMG_7954.jpeg

IMG_7952.jpeg

My past tank
IMG_4052.jpeg

IMG_4431.jpeg

My KP Aquatics live rock came in. Lots of brittle stars, worms and three pistol shrimps! Two big ones and one teeny tiny baby. Hope they survive!

Next week I am expecting my caribsea dry rock. Hopefully I can come up with a half decent scape. I have never had a cube tank before.

Also need to get myself an orange filter for photos. The blues are out of control. Lol

IMG_7976.jpeg
IMG_7978.jpeg
IMG_7977.jpeg
IMG_7980.jpeg

Aquascape done. What a pain in the butt, but I think it came out okay. Two fish are in and I have a stunning Mccullochi Dottyback on the way.

Made a diy lid for now out of a window screen kit. Just until I can get a Kraken Lid ordered. Have a hydros wave engine coming to help me with flow settings, so that will be cool.

Plan to add the first coral in a week or
two.

IMG_8011.jpeg
IMG_8009.jpeg

Getting some algae finally. I was going to keep this bare bottom and sps dominated. But I am already missing sand. Trying to fight the urge to throw in sand since I don’t even have a coral in there yet.

Dotty back is in QT and is doing fantastic. Such a beautiful fish- but he is so fast its hard to take a picture.

I need a few things before I add coral. Clean up crew, a few Nero 3’s and test kits. Im so tired of looking at this big clunky tunze pump.

IMG_8043.jpeg
IMG_8047.jpeg

IMG_8036.jpeg

Tank is getting hit with its first round of uglies. Definitely ready for this clean up crew to get here. Was supposed to be here yesterday but usps stinks.

Meanwhile the dotty back is in the tank. First night was stressful. Lots of fighting with the gramma. The maroon clown was actually well behaved and left him alone. I used the mirror trick and they are all getting along now.

Meanwhile something is nipping the grammas tail. Im actually suspecting pistol shrimps that came with my live rock. The fish all swim together now so I dont think its the dotty back.

He is so pretty.

IMG_8069.jpeg

Don't count out the Maroon Clown as far as the nipping. Any fish gets to close to its area and it doesn't care if they swam the english channel together.

Don't count out the Maroon Clown as far as the nipping. Any fish gets to close to its area and it doesn't care if they swam the english channel together.

Unfortunately I know they have a bad reputation :/ always wanted one though. Hopefully it doesn’t become a species only tank if/when she decides to host a coral. Lol. Ill enjoy her for as long as I have her.

Some small updates.

Snails never arrived from reefcleaners so he sent me a new package. By the time my snails got here my hair algae was pretty crazy. New tank uglies.

Installed a Santa Monica algae scrubber. Had one before and it was great.

Installing a red sea reef dose 4 tomorrow.

Have first pack of corals on the way.

IMG_8148.jpeg
IMG_8147.jpeg
IMG_8150.jpeg

Current state of tank. The stuff on the bottom is from the aquaforest life source mud. I add it a couple days before a water change.

So much empty still. Have to remind myself it can take years to get a full reef.

IMG_8489.jpeg

Also started a little 10gal for my lightning maroon clown that was picking at my torch. This will be a softy anemone tank. I have the first corals coming in this week.

IMG_8493.jpeg

IMG_8480.jpeg

IMG_8479.jpeg

Current state of tank. The stuff on the bottom is from the aquaforest life source mud. I add it a couple days before a water change.

So much empty still. Have to remind myself it can take years to get a full reef.

View attachment 201237

Also started a little 10gal for my lightning maroon clown that was picking at my torch. This will be a softy anemone tank. I have the first corals coming in this week.

View attachment 201238
View attachment 201239
View attachment 201240
Extremely happy to see and hear that the maroon is doing well and finally getting his very own home the way I wanted to do it.

Extremely happy to see and hear that the maroon is doing well and finally getting his very own home the way I wanted to do it.

She has a great little personality. Id like to say she is happy. She greets me every morning and begs for breakfast.

I wish I could give her something bigger, like a 20gal but I think this size will be okay once she gets an anemone and just wants to stay it it all day anyways.

So you put sand in them removed it? The green hair algae went away quickly!

Yeah I siphoned some out every water change. The hair algae was just new tank syndrome, but even though I knew that it still drove me crazy.

But I also added a Santa Monica Algae Scrubber and I have algae growing in that. The idea is that it creates a more desirable place for algae to grow instead of your rock work. I used one in my past tank with great success. Hopefully it stays this way.

My past scrubber:
IMG_8138.png

Back