Longest you've gone without seeing a fish...and still found them alive?

joefitz

Non-member
Yay Goby!! That's what I'm saying today after seeing my Yellow Watchman Goby today for the first time since the day after I bought him -- over six months ago!!!

I thought for sure he was a goner. The shrimp was still alive though because I saw new caves under the rocks and stuff every now and again. I even saw him once or twice over that time period. But I didn't see that goby once!! And then yesterday for some reason he was peering out of a cave all day long. I guess my tank is big enough that he could have been peering out of a different hole that I just can't see for all that time, but either way, I'm thankful he's alive.

How 'bout you? What's the longest you've gone without seeing one of your critters before finding them alive?

eek.gif
That's amazing, hope it's not another 6 months before you see him again.
smile.gif
I had a watchman goby that I thought went to fish heaven once, but found him hiding in my sump after 2 weeks...

6 months!!! Maybe he was trapped in the cave. My Orchid Dottyback wont come out till feeding time and then you have to peek into the rocks to see him. Too bad as the purple/pink looks cool.

Wow thats a long time, I have a Blood Shrimp that was always out in front of the tank until I moved some rocks around two or three months ago, I thought I crushed him in the move but saw him the other night.

Jim

Well this isn't a fish but an anemone that I have. It disappeared into my LR one day out of the blue and didn't see it for a few weeks and thought that it must of died. Well about 6 months later, I just happened to look in a very awkward/hard to see place and low and behold there it was looking as happy as ever.

Again, not a fish, but I have a pom pom crab that dissappeared the day I put him in the tank in mid January. Saw him in a crack in a rock two days ago!!!

I think I got the record..

I bought a horsefaced loach.. (FW fish)

Well he disappeared into my tank almost immediately. Saw him once that day ans he darted for the bottom and I never saw him again...

..until..

4 years later I was moving so I took the tank down.. Dug out all the stones and was removing the undergravel filter and there he was.. About 3 times the size of when I bought him. No idea how long he was there, or if he was stuck under the ugf or not.

Well i bought this blue linkia 2-3 months ago and i didn't see it after few days, i thought i lost him untill last week where i noticed in front cruising around. I was very happy to see it again.

Mini4x said:
I think I got the record..

I bought a horsefaced loach.. (FW fish)

Well he disappeared into my tank almost immediately. Saw him once that day ans he darted for the bottom and I never saw him again...

..until..

4 years later I was moving so I took the tank down.. Dug out all the stones and was removing the undergravel filter and there he was.. About 3 times the size of when I bought him. No idea how long he was there, or if he was stuck under the ugf or not.

They like to swim in and out of undergravel filters. If you had one of the tubes open with an airstone instead of a powerhead, that would make it easy.

Kent

flame cardinal bought him a month ago.... saw him ...at least his tail.. three-4 days ago. Haven't seen him since but.. he's in the tank alive.

I had a Helfrich's Firefish disappear on me for over 3 weeks. I tore the whole tank apart looking for it. I mean this guy was out everyday for over a year, then one day just disappeared. I was sure he was gone. Then one day, he was back again like he was never gone ???? Unfortunatelly, about 7-8 months after that he found his way into the CPR surface skimmer/bubble trap, and didn't make it away from the pump in time :(

-B-

i have a candy basslet. got him in sept, he swim into the rockwork and did see him again until jan.

Not a fish, but a week ago I saw a 5" grey cucumber that I hadn't seen in more than two years! Saw it for one day, and now it's nowhere to be seen again...

A friend and I were breaking down a tank and we couldn't find the leopard wrasse.The tank sat for a week with the sand and 2" of water no heater or flow.Then when cleaning out the sand there it was alive.We put it in another tank and it dissapeared for atleast a month before it was out.Now the thing is always out and it even eats flake or anything you feed.It is a beautiful fish

Back