Looking for aiptasia

mpsteve

Sps connoisseur
Any got any rocks covered in aiptasia I can have to feed my copperband till I get my black works and grindal worms going?

Someone anyone. I know there are people out there with this stuff. I wanna start a ten gallon tank just for aiptasia

So people complain about having this stuff. But no one wants to give it away

I have a couple here and there. To gave it to you I will have to destroy my landscape and kill many sps.

People complain about them, but how many are there with a tank infected to a point that can take a rock and give it to you without affecting other corals. In my 20 years of reefing I have never seen such tank. Could this be the reazon why you are not getting answers ?

Best !!!

I have a bunch in my sump and a few hear in there in the DT that the peppermint have not got too yet. I just don't know how I would remove them without hurting them..... anytime you go near they just retract back into rock.....

Won't loan out the fish. It gets along with a purple tang I have. Don't wanna loan it out and get it back and have my purple tang kill it. I found someone that's giving me a rock with a few on it. I set up a ten gallon tank I had laying around and will start an aiptasia tank so I don't run into this again.

But if anyone has any small rocks with some I will deff take them and get them in the aiptasia tank then have my copperband clean the rock and I'll return it

I have a bunch in my sump and a few hear in there in the DT that the peppermint have not got too yet. I just don't know how I would remove them without hurting them..... anytime you go near they just retract back into rock.....

Don't think you can hurt them. When you go to kill them and a tentical falls off the oral disk that tentical will turn into a new aiptasia

Be careful what you wish for. I bought a copperband butterfly and thought it would be nice to give it aptasia. A few months later I lost the butterfly, but to this day the aptasia lives on. Now I wish I had never introduced it into my tank. You're better off trying to get the copperband to accept other foods.

Sometimes they will even eat green flake food. The one I have now loves this as well as meaty things such as shrimp, mysis shrimp, clam pieces, scallops, etc.

I have California black worms if you want to try giving those to the fish and train it to eat prepared / frozen foods. My fish go crazy for them and have noticed all fish are more out going and more colorful since I started feeding the black worms.

lmk

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Be careful what you wish for. I bought a copperband butterfly and thought it would be nice to give it aptasia. A few months later I lost the butterfly, but to this day the aptasia lives on. Now I wish I had never introduced it into my tank. You're better off trying to get the copperband to accept other foods.

This is an excellent advice !!!!!

Agreed. :encouragement::encouragement:

He won't eat the black worms I got from tropic isle but his stomach isn't sicken in yet so he is eating something

Hmmm would need to get some brine shrimp that is. Best store for them near southern nh

The shrimp you buy in the stores are adults not baby brine. The adults are like candy and have no nutritional value, but might get your fish used to other foods. If you want baby brine, you have to hatch them yourself from eggs. It is super easy to do, and the babies will have the egg sack, which is where the value is. They are tiny like copepods, and will hatch in 24 hours or so.

Back