Looking for aiptasia

If I think of it, I will post up my hatchery I made. I think I spent $2.00 on it as I was out of black electrical tape. Brine shrimp eggs are inexpensive. Then you just use tank water, aerate the water/eggs, and 24 hours later, you have a batch.

I have a hatchery running all the time. It is two soda bottles, an air pump and some tubing. I strain through a coffee filter, but I should probably invest in a real sieve. LOL

We're do you get eggs. This thing is still fat so it's eating something. Wish it would take to black worms since I have a ten gallon tank going for them. Also have some grindal worm cultures going

You can get the eggs from any of the big suppliers (Drs. Foster & Smith, Marine Depot, That Pet Place, etc.) or even Amazon. I think the last batch I bought was from Amazon, San Francisco Bay brand.

I think I have seen the eggs at Petco too. For average size fish, any brand will do. There are several videos explaining how to separate the hatched brine from the egg shells/unhatched eggs. Don't just dump the hatching water into your tank or you will get a lot of unnecessary garbage. It's an easy process. Let us know if you give it a try. :)

Back