Looking for somewhere that sells an Orange Spotted Goby as well as Snapping Shrimp.

STiTCH87

Saltwater OCD Victim
I've been looking around at LFSs but can't find anywhere that sells Orange Spotted Gobies, just Diamond and Sleeperheads but I only have a 29g and want an Orange Spotted. Also can't find anyone who has any Tiger Pistol Shrimp (Snapping Shrimp I guess they're really referred to) in stock. Anyone know where I can find both? I'm assuming Skiptons likely will since they always seem to have everything in the world there, lol, but I was trying to find somewhere a little closer. Called CRA but they're closed today.

CRA had a orange spot the other day when i was looking around.
UnderWater World usually gets pistol shrimp in on a weekly basis, they seem to go fast though. Call Greg and ask him to hold one for ya

Are you positive it was an Orange Spot and not an orange marked or Orange Spotted Diamond, or Orange-dashed, or Orangespotted Sleeper Goby?

Cuz everytime I think i've found one that's what they tell me they have but there's this one specific goby I want.
Though you know what you're talking about when it comes to saltwater tanks so I trust it is indeed an orange spot. =]
The one that only gets to 3.5" right?

This lil guy: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1926+195&pcatid=195

I'll have to call CRA tomorrow and if it's still there then put him on hold and if they don't have a shrimp for him then call Underwater and put him on hold too.

Hmm didnt look like that pic though. it was all black with a orange spot towards its tail. Maybe it was an orange spot blenny. I dont remember seeing any pistol shrimp at cra though.

hah oh wow that thing is pretty cool, never seen one before. But yeah i'm looking for a sand sifter. Otherwise I might of actually considered that guy. He's cool.

Yeah I cannot find n orange spotted goby anywhere. May have to suck it up and order one online. =\ Never done online ordering and it kinda scares me cuz you don't know what they look like before they arrive plus shipping stress can be bad.

Last edited:
Im the same way with online orders. Good luck, see if Greg can order you one

Ah, well im all out of ideas lol, try online and hope for the best. A lot of people order online, have to worry about low temps this time of year though. Good luck!

I got mine at Jays about a month ago. He can order it for you. Great little goby!!

Found one! :D
Animal Instincts in Fall River had one left.
Freakin' lil guy does NOT wanna acclimate though!
I had his bag standing up for one second and he knocked it onto the floor (still tied luckily) and THEN had him acclimating the drip method in a big pot I used for all my drip acclimations and the little bastard jumped out and onto my floor. So now I have a screen lid on the pot and he's staying put.

I acclimate him so he doesn't get stressed, and what happens? He stresses himself out... -_- This little sucker better make it through the night or else i'm gonna be pretty upset.

DSC00072.jpg

Awww, nice goby! Glad ya managed to find one. The tiger pistol shouldn't be too hard to find. I know several places in the area get them in all the time.

DSC00081-Copy.jpg

Hah he's awesome! Just saw him munch a little sand and blow it out his gills which my mother got the biggest kick out of. He's still a little shy though so he's been spending most his time under the rock work hiding, but I still got another picture of him. Hoping to soon get a video of him sifting sand.

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts have you seen tiger pistols? I know Greg at Underwater World is building what I believe he said was 6 new small tanks? Or 10 6 gallons? Or something, IDK, but anyways he's building a crap ton of tanks specifically for inverts and plans to start selling them again soon since he'll no longer lose them in the larger tanks he normally had them in.

Last edited:
Sweet OSSG. They are so cool when they pick up a mouthful of sand and filter it through their gills!!!

hah yeah I just saw him do it maybe 10 minutes ago. He jumped up and down 10 times (got in on video, lol) then opened his mouth HUGE like a yawn, then smacked his head into the sand then wiggled and it came out his gills. He did that 2 or 3 times then went back into his cave. Haha this guy may very well be my new favorite.

I know Something Fishy (Warwick, RI) gets in tiger pistols quite often. That's where I got mine, and I think they get some in every other week or so.

Back