Majano Wand

jcherepo

BRS Member
Anyone have one for sale or to borrow? I have a pretty bad outbreak. Have used Aptasia X, file fish, 5 peppermint shrimp and Berghia Nudibranchs. The Berghia I have put in a small separate “experimental” tank along with a piece of my loose LR one at a time. They devour the aptasia. Problem is is that when they lay eggs, there are so many pods that hitchhike onto that LR, they destroy the eggs! I also have a 6-line and a couple of Lubucks Wrasses in my DT so I am hesitant to put a bunch of Berghia‘s In there without having a good amount of them in my “experimental” tank on back-up...

Was thinking it may be worth a shot with the wand to get a handle on the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F Aptasia work better than apt-X, but you have to be patient and turn off all flow for at least 15 mins.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My fear with a CBB is that it will have my clam as a snack. I also have 5 peppermints and a file fish. But I feed too much in order to sustain my Anthias so I believe the shrimp and file fish would rather eat fresh food than aptasia. Catch 22.

Interesting. Have always wanted a Regal. Maybe this is my opportunity...

Angel fish will eat your inverts and some lps coral. Be careful

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately this wand is a “too good to be true” and expansive device.

It injuries aptasia and majorno instead of killing them. Then they multiply like mad.

It should be used for propagation of aptasia instead of elimination.

Also it make a good dog chew toy when it is unplugged.

When hung on the wall as a decoration, it constantly reminds you that you had wasted $150 for a piece of Mr. Hankey that failed to bring joy for your Christmas.

One practical use for this piece of Mr. Hankey is for grade school science fair project. When you stick this wonder stick in saltwater and power it up, it produce bubbles. And.... drum roll... these bubbles smell like bleach. I am not making this up. From the grapevine, aka Amazon reviews, said those bubble were actually chlorine gas.

Last edited:
All kidding aside. Unless you have a natural way to control aptaisia, it's very difficult to not have them in the tank. Before getting into angelfish in my reef tank, I always see aptaisia. Used Aptaisia X and while it rid of the pest that day and week, they seem to always come back bigger and stronger.

Yes I agree. I have 5 peppermint shrimp, file fish and am raising some Berghia Nudibranchs. I think my outbreak is just too severe to get a handle on control. I started using the wand yesterday in hopes of knocking out the majority of them and then let natural control take over. We will see what happens...

A group of peppermint can work wonders provided they do not get eaten by some fish like wrasse

Yeah why is it that everything there is to deal with these pests have catch 22s? Six line will ear the shrimp and/or Nudibranchs. CBB will eat my clam, filefish just hangs out, angels will eat the LPS...

Yeah why is it that everything there is to deal with these pests have catch 22s? Six line will ear the shrimp and/or Nudibranchs. CBB will eat my clam, filefish just hangs out, angels will eat the LPS...

Depends on how large are the peppermint shrimps, six line may not be able to eat the big ones.

I have three pepermint that have lived with my sixline for months np. Mine whiped out about 25-30 aptasia in about two weeks. I wouldnt mind getting them out of my sump.

Back