male tigertail died

php1775

BRS Member
my full grown male tigertale seahorse that ive had for quite a while died suddenly,and the female just has not been the same.im trying to locate another male to keep the female happy and eating again and hopefully re-produce.the female is at least 6 inches when fully extended.i would appreciate any leads to where i could possibly find a healthy ,eating male.thank you

all they had left were unsexed juveniles,but thanks a ton for your help

Unique aquaria stocks only the females. See if they can get a male from their supplier for you. They also have Barbouris in stock but I couldn't afford it.

i like all types. but iwould think the fry would be very tiny and harder to keep alive .i saw some decent looking young adult erectus at tropic isle last night for around 129.00 a pair $10.00 more for colors but i usually buy the cheaper dark ones that turn yellow or orange in my tank anyway with all the brightly colored ornamental corals i keep in that tank.how much are the dwarfs going for?i did ask b if he could ask his supplier for an adult male.

Dwarves are fairly inexpensive but need live baby brines to survive. They go for $5 to $15 plus s/h at the cheapest I found online. I have 11 now and about 25 baby fry. Easy to keep as long as you come up with an efficient brine hatching methodogy. I keep the newly hatched brines in the frig to slow down their metabolism/growth for the fry and enrich rest of brines with algamac protein and 3050 for adult dwarves. Seem to be working well for now. Do you make your own colorful ornaments or buy them. I want to add more colorful ornaments so my horses' colors can get more vibrance. You think I can dry some branchy live rocks and spray Krylon Fusion paint on them? I might do so but soak them in a saltwater bucket for a few days and check for quality/potential leaching of toxins since the paint is for plastic. Any of your horses have the cirri still attached? I'm 5 mins from Tropic Isle, stop by next time to share your experience with these cool animals. I always visit them. Pricey but I always use the coupons which work out Ok. I'm waiting for them to get back to me on a Moorish Idol for my DT.

that sounds pretty good i wouldnt mind ordering a few.are they sexed when you order them?im really not sure about if the paint would bother them ,or if i would even take that chance since petsmart seems to have a pretty good variety of imitation coral in nice bright colors for a decent price probably cheaper than the paint especially if you are going with a variety of colors.i dont know what cirri is ive never encountered the word in any of my reading about seahorses.i was surprised that tropic isle was selling those horses for that price,its the cheapest i ever saw them there for and was thinking about going back for a few.they also have the largest selection of ornamental coral that ive found,although some are a little pricy.i got my 12"red and orange tree sponges there years ago,the horses love them.im a big fan of the coupons too.

Thanks for the tip on ornaments, I will check petsmart out today. Regarding the dwarves, yes they do five you options. Also mated pairs as well. Also, colored ones. I got 2 green, a yellow and a red and several common grey colored ones. I will reply to your tech questions regarding the kreisel tank later tonight on the iPad. Ymail app for droid is terrible for reply.

Back