Marco dry rock group buy

B.rian

i would rather be diving
is anyone interested in going in on an order for some marco's rock. i am down for about 150#. there is a discount on truck shipping at 300#. i am interested in placing this order by the end of the week. pick up would be in boston. let me know.

i just talked to marc and he said that he is able to do discounts if we meet a certain number of #'s.
10% off the total price at 500#
15% off the total price at 1000#

shipping charges are TBD at this point. there are a few different options that we can do. he said that there might be a possibility of him delivering the rock. we might also be able to go down there to meet him and pick up the rock ourselves, which would save s/h. marc said that there should be a new shipment of rock around tuesday, may 13th, so friday of next week (or around there) would be a good day for pickup/shipping.

anyone interested in joining this GB, please notify my by friday, may 9th. i will be contacting marc at this point to see how much interest there is and what options will work out best. thanks for your interest.

I may be interested, i was looking into roughly 50 lbs of the dry stuff earlier... i'll let you know for sure later though.

I'd be interested in 35 -50lbs if I can find someoen going that way...Beantown is a little far..

come to think of it, i'm almost positive i would take part if we got any sort of discount (even just on shipping).

Wondering if it would help if we all ordered the same type of rock, or something of that sort?

Right now i'm debating between 30 lbs of the dry "tonga rock" or 50 lbs of the dry "Australian rock".

I think the tonga might be better quality, but the Australian is a lot cheaper too... what do you guys think?

order whatever kind of rock you are interested in. we don't need to buy one specific type. i would suggest marco's signature rock and some tonga shelf rock, or at least that is what i am buying.

it looks like we are going to make the 500# mark. i have had received pm's asking about the order. so anyone interested, please post on this thread saying, "i am down for X # of marco's signature rock (or whatever it is that you are ordering." this seems to be the easiest way to keep track of what everyone wants.

I might be down for a large chunk of rock. In the process of getting a relative to convert their 220 into at least live rock instead of those ugly fake plants. Dont know if I'll make that 5/9 deadline but I'll press him :)

the 5/9 deadline is just to determine how much rock we are going to order from marc. i will be calling him that day to determine shipping and meeting and a way to pay for the order. payment will not need to be made until next week sometime. press on:rolleyes:

i am bumping this. i need to know who is going to buy, what they are going to buy, and how much is being purchased. please post as soon as you can so we can get this order under way. if we don't have enough interest, then we won't be able to go through with the order.

well there is a some kind of truck discount on orders over 300# which we will have. marc also said something about bringing the rock up this way. tomorrow i am going to call him and work out the shipping details. i just need to know how much everyone is going to be interested in. just let me know how much you are interested in, and then if s/h is too much for you later, then don't buy.

Hey everyone,
Thanks Brian.
Just to answer a few questions here,
Discount will be on non sale or already discounted items.
(sale and already discounted items can count toward total weight
but will not be further discounted)

Rather than try to calculate a shipping discount I'll just flat rate it;
$100. for any amount of rock delivered to one address.

I'll have a new shipment here next Thursday/ Friday and we could ship this Wednesday.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm still interested as long as there are more than say four people in the buy... otherwise shipping will be like 25 bucks a pop...

If we can get shipping down I'd probably either do a 25 lb box of the Marco Fiji, or maybe some cherry picked tonga.

here is what we have so far:

zensaiyan, 150# marco signature and 50# tonga shelf
joel, 25# marco signature and cherry
michaelj, 25# rubble

Depending on what the final cost is, I'm interested in 100# of the Fiji Premium Dry Rock and a 15# box of rubble.

If we don't get more people, I'm afraid that were not going to really get a deal here on shipping.

Any ideas yet?

Where's Marco located? I know it's at the cape but where down there? I live in Pembroke... not to bad of a drive if it's close to the bridge. I guess I'll give'm a pm...

well i'm just thinking that 100 dollars divided between the four of us is 25 bucks each obviously, which is no bargain, especially when UPS ground shipping to my house would simply be 10 bucks.

Back