MP40 wet side continues to spin....???

Crib

Non-member
Why would my MP40 wet side continue to spin?

Never happen before. Pump has been running 1 yr now.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks

Barry

I had to unplug the pump.

The inside portion just continued to spin and would not settle and stop on it's own.

Any suggestions why?

Wow. Maybe call ghost busters :D

The only possible explanation I can think of is that maybe the other current in the tank is blowing into the vortech and making it spin while it's getting no power. That or you unplugged the wrong vortech :)

yeah im confused also, so after you plugged it back in it worked fine???.............I've had my mp40w gen 2 since the day they came out with the gen 2's and i have never had any issues with mine, but i do give the wet side a vinegar bath every 3-4 months, it takes a half hour, i let it soak for 15 mins then take it apart and clean/wash it off then back into the display it goes.........i also take this time to scrape off (with a new razor blade) the inside of the tank where the vortech was.......

don't want to confuse anyone.
when I connected both wet and dry side and then plugged it in,
the wet side just kept going around and a round and would not settle and stop.
After further review and taking the wet side apart,it appears that the screw that holds
the shaft in has worked it's way out some, cause a scorch mark on the end cap.
Also the screw won't tighten or loosen for that matter.
Called Echo tech marine, they told me my warranty was over, probably is, I know that I did register both pumps.
Looks like I will be sending the wet side back for repairs....

might be cheaper to just buy a new wetside. I know B used to stock them....

I have been having trouble with both of mine, and I know another member has as well. I had mine set to tight on the glass, so that was my own fault. I think for the money they should be built alittle better.

I have been having trouble with both of mine, and I know another member has as well. I had mine set to tight on the glass, so that was my own fault. I think for the money they should be built alittle better.

LOL, I just found the nut for my wet side on my sand bed!!!! Check the nut, they are cheap and strip

Great, Thanks for the link, .
I am now having trouble releasing the nozzle from the wet frame.
I have tried pushing down and twisting ,it wont release its self.
I can say that I have cracked the nozzle in the front from trying to open it...:0(

white vinegar is great... soak it in white vinegar for an hour of so and it should open up... I have a couple extra wet sides if you would like to borrow one.

Summary:
new wet side arrived today and is working.
Finally got the old wet side apart.

The plastic screw had broken off, reason it wouldn't tighten
and the propeller had half the screw stuck in it.

Thought of rebuilding the old MP40.

would need a kit for $20 .
Looks like the ceramic bearing could also be replaced $15(ouch for a pint size piece)

Since I cracked the nozzle while disassembling the unit that would be $10.

I might as well just pick up another wet side for the repair money it would cost

Summary:
new wet side arrived today and is working.
Finally got the old wet side apart.

The plastic screw had broken off, reason it wouldn't tighten
and the propeller had half the screw stuck in it.

Thought of rebuilding the old MP40.

would need a kit for $20 .
Looks like the ceramic bearing could also be replaced $15(ouch for a pint size piece)

Since I cracked the nozzle while disassembling the unit that would be $10.

I might as well just pick up another wet side for the repair money it would cost

I think that's how you ought to go...or sell it to me for cheap, as I have a spare wetside :p

Back