My new mandarin!!!!

spaceship

Non-member
I saw him at saltwater paridise for 14.95 awesome deal in my book!!!!!They have a pair of blue throat triggers for 60 and a couple awesome hippos...It felt like the culb prices on fish...Well i am going to train this one to eat brine and mysis so i cant wait to let him out...

Attachments

• 0208101936.jpg
    0208101936.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 447
Man o man my six line is kicking his but.. had to move to sump six line is up for sale soon...

Honestly Brian not to give you a hard time but you just plumbed your fuge and you have a 50g. Even in my 90 with 100lbs of rock and many caves I would be a little hesitant to put a mandarin without a fuge even after a long time. You should remove the wrasse anyway just because there is a chance it will eat pods and compete with the mandarin for food.

If the mandarin starts to look at all skinny I would trade it...I love mandarins and I just hate to see them not properly cared for (Not saying you can't just keep an eye on him).

I also want a mandarin and I had one live successfully and fat before but I had more rock and no competing fish. This time around I may really be patient until I can find one already trained.

EDIT: I see you just plumbed a frag tank, not a fuge. All the more...

Last edited:
Hey i have a fuge!!!And my six line eats flake he is maen i guess never saw a bad mood ever...My mandarin is now in my fuge....I had a mandarin in my 55 for a year he ate frozen i bet next time you come by i can show you him eating i know the risk....And he was chillen with sea horses in a fuge and he is fat... i kinda hurt the trainning process by putting him in my fuge..I have dumped 5 bottles of pods in the past 5 months like a bottle a month...Only time will tell right!!!

Ok, good luck. Like I said, not trying to beat you up about it just want to make sure you are prepared.

Hey i have a fuge!!!And my six line eats flake he is maen i guess never saw a bad mood ever...My mandarin is now in my fuge....I had a mandarin in my 55 for a year he ate frozen i bet next time you come by i can show you him eating i know the risk....And he was chillen with sea horses in a fuge and he is fat... i kinda hurt the trainning process by putting him in my fuge..I have dumped 5 bottles of pods in the past 5 months like a bottle a month...Only time will tell right!!!

Six lines eat pods. Even though he is eating flakes, he is still eating pods. Your mandarin most likely will starve to death if you don't get him on frozen. I wanted a mandarin but did not get one until I found one for sale on the forums eating frozen foods. Don't take peoples advise wrong, we just hate to see a nice fish starve. Like was said before, if he looks thin and is not eating frozen, please sell him to someone with an appropriate tank.

Good luck, hope you can keep him healthy.

six lines will out-compete any mandarin for pods.

it is an extremely rare circumstance where a six-line and a mandarin that is not eating frozen will co-exist long term in a tank your size

New toad!!!

I am moving in a few months he is a temp fish...i will pass him on as a frozen eating mandarin....I got a new toadstool today i was wondering how long every one waits for the polyps to come out and will a leather finger and it get along?Here is a new tank photo...Its the small frag of toadstool left of the neon green leather...

Attachments

• 100_1453.jpg
    100_1453.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 346
That would work if the six line was not so small...The is now in the frag tank all alone and happy....

That would work if the six line was not so small...The is now in the frag tank all alone and happy....

Yeah I celebrated the day my six line died, took forever. He out competed every POD eater I put int he tank. Beauty fish visually, pure evil inside.

GL on getting him to eat, try some PE mysis and if you can get a hold of it Tabiko. Tabiko is like mandarin crack, he would push tangs out of his way to get to it.

He loves Mini Mysis

He went crazy first time never thought of feeding the mini to a mandarin!!!!

Attachments

• 100_1456.jpg
    100_1456.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 265
Back