Need some input please......

APISTOBORELLI

Bass in pic swam away
Look what I got tonight!! One I want to use as an auto top off, the other for RO/DI storage. How can I cut/drill these to do what I need. One will need a float valve and a spigot for storage. On the other, I know nothing about ATO systems so I'll need more input there.

Is there someone out there who wants to trade services for beer and come help me out?

Thanks again Michael for hooking me up with these!!!

Attachments

• barrel2.jpg
    barrel2.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Those are awesome! What did they contain originally? I've seen detergent, and firefoam come in containers like that. If it's soapy, I'd be very cautious. Hard to get all the original residue out of a plastic container.

You can get John Guest fittings called "bulkhead" fittings that allow you to attach a PE tube to a fitting that goes in a hole, and has a nut that tightens on the back of it.

For your top-off, you could put this above your sump somehow, and just use a float valve in the sump, and an inline valve that's turned way down, so even if the ball-valve sticks, it won't flood your tank unless you didn't check it for a week. Or if you can't put it above the sump, you can use a small pump, like an aqualifter, and control it with float switches in the sump.

You should mix kalk in your top-off container. Just put the output fitting a few inches above the bottom of the container, so it doesn't suck up any residue that might settle down there.

Nate

These came from another member who stored RO in them, so I know they're clean.
What about the curve of the barrel, won't that cause problems with a bulkhead?

Thanks for the input Nate

I'm assuming there's some flex in the sides of the barrel. The bulkhead will flatten out the area it's attached to if it's a little flexible.

If that won't work, then you can attach the bulkheads to the top and use dip-tubes to suck the liquid out (some bulkhead fittings have JG unions on both ends - you'd need that for attaching a dip-tube inside.)

They are pretty rigid, I'm not sure it would flatten out. Got a link for a "dip tube"? I'm not sure what they are.

its just a tube thats sucks off the bottom of tank atched to the bulk head inside of the barrel

Back