New Banded Sleeper Goby

American Flyer

Non-member
I just picked this guy up from Lovely Pets for $29 bucks. It sifts the sand like crazy. It will no accept flakes and I have been trying to feed it mysis shrimp. I think the shrimp need to get into the sand in order for him to eat it.

Attachments

• phpnHul6jPM.jpg
    phpnHul6jPM.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 495
Very nice, Is it small or large because they do go through a bunch of sand quick. It will make sure your sand stay clean.:)

It is pretty large. It is about 4.5 inches in length. It is very active an curious with no blemishes or torn fins. The mouth and gills are very healthy with no redness. My chief concern is keeping it that way. I do hope it starts going for the mysis. It is in a well established 3 year old 50 gallon tank. The tank is teaming with LR and softies. I am also lightly stocked and this guy is by far the largest so he shouldn't be stressed. The sump is 50 gallons and has about a 30 gallon refugium. My whole system is one big pod and worm factory so I hope this sustains him until he begins to eat other stuff. Any advice is appreciated!

I have had a few of them over the years....... mine always accepted sinking pellet type foods. Good luck with him....... they def sift alot of sand. It kind of made a bit of a mess, but was cool to watch. Keep an eye on if you have any small frags on the sand bed, there is a good chance they will end up getting buried by the sand these guys move around.

My last one got crushed by it undermining a rock in my DT.

great picture. if you just put him in there i wouldn't worry about him not eating just yet. i would give it a couple of days to get used to the new digs. once my goby started eating mysis she was a pig, it did take a day or two though.

Back