New fish gone?

grundig5

Missing Colorado...
I got a christmas wrasse at the AG the other day (monday). They were telling me that the fish likes to sleep in the sand at night and I thought that was interesting. I havent been home since Monday when he went in, and I havent seen him in a few hours. Its a big fish (like 4-5 inches), and its not in the overflow, sump, and its not in the canopy I dont think. Do they sleep in the sand during the day?

wrasse will usaully hide in the sand for a few days when you first get them. and most nights. my wrasse does the same thing. if not on the floor i would not worry. he will show himself soon , especially when you feed :)

I agree. I have never once seen mine at night. I believe they make some kind of cucoon shelter at night for protection.

Hmm, I dont even think its possible for it to get to the floor, since my canopy is over the entire top of the tank. I am doing some lighting switching now and he isnt in the canopy. I guess they bury pretty damn well

I agree. I have never once seen mine at night. I believe they make some kind of cucoon shelter at night for protection.

i had a six-line once that i thought was dieing becuase it had a cacoon all over it. weirdest thing i ever saw

I had my Leopard wrasse go missing for almost two weeks when we moved once. It's what they do and there's nothing to worry about at this point. Don't go through the sand looking for him... he'll come out when he feels it's safe. Ours would be cruising the tank and when it decided it was time for bed every night it would dive bomb into the sand and all you would see is sand dust. Had her for 6 years.

Wow good to know. I was told at AG not to look for him, as it would probably kill him due to stress. Thanks! :)

you will one day look and he will be swimming around. like he never went any where. i had a lightning wrasse once we did not see for 4 weeks. then all of a sudden he was out.

He came out...what a weird fish. I was actually working on the tank, and all of a sudden he lightning bolted out of the sand.

Back