New member (Gardner MA)

gweston

Non-member
I just joined BRS today. Been on the boards reading up for a few weeks.

I live in Gardner (North Worcester County).

I am currently designing plans for a 75gal display with ~20gal sump/fuge, hopefully to be put in place by late this spring. The intention is to be a mixed reef.

My plan started out with a 29gallon cube, but it quickly shifted up to 55.. and then to 75 with fuge/sump. I swear I won't go larger. ;P (for now). As it is, I have to spend a lot of brownie points with the wife to have this plan come to light.

I am having fun designing this thing and I think I have the important bits down. But, once I have all drafted up, I may need to find someone experienced to review it for a sanity check.

I am new to reefing, so I have some research/learning to do yet.

If there are any reefers in my area (North Worc County), or even elsewhere.. I'm always up for a chat. I'd hop an at opportunity to tour other member's set ups, maybe to help inspire me or give ideas for my design.

-Gary.

:w To the club

You should come to the Jan 23rd meeting and meet some really nice people

Thanks, glad to be aboard. I plan to be at the Jan 23rd meeting. I'll likely drag along my drafts of the tank layout looking for some in-person commentary.

That is definitely on my potential list (to plumb into the basement). My basement is unfinished right now, and can get quite cold in the winter and cool in the summer. This should be great for summer cooling. But heating the tank may be a challenge in winter.

I still need to investigate the design/economics of maintaining basement sumps.

Great group and forum by the way. I enjoy getting all this feedback. Makes the creative juices churn and churn. Though the more I think about it.. the larger the set up becomes. I started with a 30gal cube. Within the span of a week I have sights locked on a 75/20, and the sump/fuge section already seems like it should be larger.

-Gary

Not that I dont have big electric bill, but I have 180 gallons of water in my unfinished basement

Back