New to the Forum and Hobby

Hello everyone!
I have found myself (like many others) suddenly infatuated with the idea of starting a marine tank.

I have a 56g cichlid tank, and a 20g tropical community. I have no experience with marine tanks and am at a lost as to how I should begin this adventure.

Any tips, words of advice, forums that I should look into? I've been on the prowl for a reasonable priced tank that would suit a beginner. Have any in mind?

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer me!
Caleb

Welcome to the BRS! My advice to you is take your time research as much as you can before you begin.Most mistakes in this hobby are caused by people rushing into it.There are plenty of experienced reefers on this forum so ask all the questions you want.

yup we all learn a lot
my personal experience is get a reef ready tank with a small fuge, and use a deep sand bed..........

feel free to ask me or others lotssss of questions!

I'm thinking about starting out with a 29g Oceanic BioCube. I haven't found any really negative reviews on them. You think this is a good idea? I guess it all depends on my end goal.

I'm thinking about starting out with a 29g Oceanic BioCube. I haven't found any really negative reviews on them. You think this is a good idea? I guess it all depends on my end goal.

for a starter tank? more than enough space to try all sorts of things but I warn you...you'll quickly want a larger tank as your tank becomes crowded with coral frags and you start wanting larger colonies and more space to do what you want.

ask any questions you have here, there is a lot to be learned before taking the plunge.

Eddie

i just ordered the biocube 29 HQI....... looks like a great tank

welcome to the fourms

- mike pevine -

WelcomeBRS3.jpg

you can still run!!! hobby is very demanding...stay with easy to keep corals for at least a year...if you r still into it...than you can get into it a little heavier...(might want to think of some sort of a biocube to start) see if this hobby is for you or not rather dumping a fortune on equiptment etc..

HTH,
B

Ok, Here is a question:
I'm checking out a biocube 29 and someone said that the light fixture did not have LED's, but instead had PC's.

What is the difference and is this bad for coral? Am I going to want to upgrade to LED's? I thought Biocubes came standard with LED's. Perhaps this is an older version.
THanks!

Back