Now- second set of questions!

Dtilton

Non-member
Thanks to all the great responders! Appreciate the info on the TM salt.

Now second set of questions. Putting my shopping list together and here's what I'm thinking....

I've been doing a lot of research into live rock, both here and on RC and since I'm not in a huge hurry to get my tank stocked, it seems the patient way to go is 75% "dead" rock, then 25% live rock. Again, going to That Pet Place/ Fish Place and will most likely get what appears in their recent catalog as REEF ROCK. 50 lbs for $44- then seed it with some live rock from an LFS- probably Uncle Neds or somewhere near me. Sound OK? THEN for substrate we were going to go with Caribsea Arag-Alive reef sand- 20 lbs for $25.99. I figured with shipping costs so high these days we'd just get what they have. Any opinions either way?

I have the same Arag-Alive in my tank. I don't care for it all that much. Doesn't look as good as the sand beds I've seen lately. If you're close enough, you're more than welcome to take a look.

Sounds like a plan. I would suggest checking out Fishy Business on the cape. He usually has some FANTASTIC looking "dead rock" that would be perfect show pieces.

Eric

Yea, check out Marc's rock (fishy buisness). great stuff, cheap and local.

Back