OK I finally did my 1st stupid reef thing

Leroy

Pres. NE Matchcover Club
Building my refugium and I'm siliconing the baffles in so I starts with the middle baffles, 1 on each end. The baffles allowing water to flow under I supported with two boards to hold them up. Next silicone the water over baffles. I go to remove the 2 boards, oh crap they're too long and stuck. Next time use 4 smaller pieces with plenty of room to remove them. I used what was closest at hand not thinking cause I had bigger things on my mind setting up a 120, 30 gal sump and 75 gal refugium.

You've been a member since 2005, Leroy, and this is your first stupid mistake?
I say that's a pretty good batting streak.lol

I was able to remove the silicone on one end of the baffle with enough room and slide the 2 boards from under. I like the idea of using corks. I should have taken the time to run a few pieces of smaller wood on the table saw but it was set up to cut acrylic.

If you want to count not having a quarantine tank then it would be my second stupid mistake in the hobby. It's a matter of opinion by another thread but a smart thing to do IMO from a small lesson learned one time.

im constantly making mistakes. I thought i had it all figured out when i built my tank into the wall, but its one issue after another. its just too hard to work on the darn thing. should have put access doors in the front. live and learn

im constantly making mistakes. I thought i had it all figured out when i built my tank into the wall, but its one issue after another. its just too hard to work on the darn thing. should have put access doors in the front. live and learn

That's nothing a chainsaw can't fix.

Git er Done......:p

That's funny, I've always considered my first reefing mistake to be getting in the hobby... ;-)

Back