pairs of clown fish together

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Do you think if a pair of false percular and a pair of maroon can share a 90 gallon tank with their own host BTAs? Thanks

I have the same question. It seems unlikely that it would work out well

I would say no. I have a 90g and have 2 maroons. When I added the 2nd one he was chased for 3 days. He found a hidding spot. After a while the big female didnt chanse him and now they live happily. They havent mated yet but are good friends. I have like 4 BTA and 1 RBTA which they defend. The big female goes after my harliquin tusk and my flasher wrasse.
I would guess that the percs would be attacked my the big female maroon, she's the more aggressive of the two.

in a 90 no way ,it is just a matter of time before the maroon will kill any other non aggressive clown

I would say definately not with maroons.

In the wild, the only type of clown that doesn't have a 10' diameter teritory is the pink skunk. I'm guessing on the exact teritory distance, but it is something like that, regardless it is bigger than our tanks.

The pink skunk will form family groups with more than two adults.

in the kelly's roast beef tank in Natick, they have multiple pairs of clowns in the big circular tank. I don't know about the maroons but I do remember seing tomatoes, black onyx and false percs.

Maroons are the scourge of the earth they will share nothing with anything. I have one that I have been trying to get rid of for six months dead or alive, I can't capture or kill it.

Jim

Back