Peppermint Shrimp vs. Scarlet Skunk Shrimp vs. Blood Shrimp vs. a fish

AC_Rhino

Non-member
Peppermint Shrimp vs. Scarlet Skunk Shrimp vs. Blood Shrimp vs. a fish

I'm thinking of getting a few shrimp or bonded pairs for my tank (or i fish to do the same duties). I've read some of the pro's and cons of each but I have a few questions that didn't really get answered so I thought I'd ask here.

1. Will any of the shrimp eat aiptasia if they run into some?
2. Will any of the shrimp rogue nudi's if they are there?
3. Will any of the shrimp eat other misc pests like mojano anemone or other things?

If I want something that will do some spot cleaning for the above (mostly the occasional aiptasia, xenia, or nudi that pops up) would I be better off with a fish? And if so what kind of fish (a small fish, under 4 inches)?

Thanks in advance.

I believe a file fish could be what you want but they’re hit or miss. Copperband butterflies are also on that list of fish but very sensitive to a lot of things including eating. The peppermint shrimp like aptasia and probably some nudis but I don’t think they’ll tackle mojanos. Yet they’re all hit or miss.

I have had success with peppermint shrimp for aptasia, they also had a taste for coral in this case.

I have had success with peppermint shrimp for aptasia but not majanos..fair warning they also killed a rock anemone also

Back