Reef Deal Petco in Shrewsbury

Liquid

Non-member
They have a pretty nice selection of livestock at mostly good prices... Sunday I picked up a large Coral Banded Shrimp for $5.99. Other good prices I've seen include:

Tank Raised Orchid Dottyback $24.99
White Condylactis Anemone $5.99
Sohol Tang $69.99

Of course they also have some bad deals like:

Cleaner Shrimp $31.99

Although Petco's vary widely in terms of selection and quality, this one is well worth checking out if you are in the area.

Be careful of Petco "peppermint" shrimps - once upon a time when I first started in this hobby I bought one and it turned out to be a camel shrimp (they love to eat soft corals and soft polyps) - beware!

besl said:
Be careful of Petco "peppermint" shrimps - once upon a time when I first started in this hobby I bought one and it turned out to be a camel shrimp (they love to eat soft corals and soft polyps) - beware!

I have heard of this as well.

Not sure how close everyone is to Skiptons, but they have small-medium size peppermints for 5 dollars. Not bad at all. Last time I was there they had a ton too.

besl said:

That can happen anywhere.

If it has white, its a camel, if its all clear, its a pep.

Back