Petco - Purple Tangs $49.99

MrX

Non-member
Just an FYI that Petco in Auburn had two Purple Tangs, 4-5" each, for $49.99.

Perhaps someone can give them a better home.

????how do they do this?????? they cost double that at some wholesale facilities...
Heck it cost more than that, just to ship the Fish from the Red Sea...???

????how do they do this?????? they cost double that at some wholesale facilities...
Heck it cost more than that, just to ship the Fish from the Red Sea...???

Lol price mistakes :)

I got an email from my supplier regarding prices of the purple tangs going up ..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Both tanks with the Tangs said SALE, this weekend only. I think they've had both for a while and want to get rid of them.

I'm not an expert on Purple Tangs, but just looking at them they looked a bit rough.

Pretty sure the last price I saw for them was $149.99.

I noticed that yesterday when I was there.
I watched one of them for a while,might be starting to get HLLE.Wish I had a nice big QT tank.

Both tanks with the Tangs said SALE, this weekend only. I think they've had both for a while and want to get rid of them.

I'm not an expert on Purple Tangs, but just looking at them they looked a bit rough.

Pretty sure the last price I saw for them was $149.99.

Greg at Petco, Manchester NH had two 7" Purple Tangs in a tiny tank. They looked stressed but their appearance was very good. He had them priced at $149 but he said he was going put them on sale for $99 to get them out of the small tank. Although I am impressed with what he is doing there I did comment to him that he should have never brought them in the first place.

i have the answer to this question. they lose money on them. Corporate keeps pushing the stores to sell them, the stores have no choice but to get them and when they die in the store that store has to take the hit in there number for that month. which come down on the managers. so it is better to take a $50 hit as oppose to a $100 hit. there cost on them is a bit shy of 100

I just called to see if they still had them before i made the 1 1/2 trip out there and she said that they still have them and they are on sale for $100 not $49 Im going to go check it out anyway but just a heads up to what i was just told on the phone

I stopped in. It was $100. Not worth it imho. I went to the other lfs in auburn and bought a nem and a wrasse instead.

I stopped in. It was $100. Not worth it imho. I went to the other lfs in auburn and bought a nem and a wrasse instead.

I should have snapped a picture of the tanks with the $49 price.

If I had a bigger system I would have bought at least one of them.

Had to stop by today for some dog stuff and the 3 of them are still there.
One is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! other 2 are starting to get beet up.
These are some LARGE fish and even for $100 is a great deal. Bet you could ask the Mgr. to take the 2 "not so nice" ones for $50 a piece.
If I did not have 2 Tangs in my tank already would of grabbed them. Actually contemplated making the offer and nursing them in my 90g sump.

Also have a nice Sohal Tang in their Frag Tank (which is also TOO SMALL) for $100.

All gone at mine but i hear the woburn store might have some, their salt area gets alot of traffic.

Last edited:
Back