Please help guys! Where can I find Red Gracilaria Feeding Algae ASAP?!

higorc

Call me IGOR :)
So earlier this week I got a new member to the family... a Blonde Naso Tang (Naso elegans). He has been picking around the rocks and sand but not really eating anything. He has picked off the Algae clip after my Hippo Tang, but he spits it right out. I tried everything I could think until yesterday (Mysis, Brine, Squid, Clams, Cyclopeeze, Brown-Green-Red Algae) and he wouldn't take it. I know they can take a while to start eating, but I also know there is a turning point where they WON'T eat anymore and just starve if they get too weak. I got rid of my yellow tang (the tank bully!) to get this guy, so know one including the Hippo Tang is picking on him that I can see.

To make a long story short, I found and picked up some live Red Gracilaria Feeding Algae (http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=490+1127&pcatid=1127) and he ATE IT ALL!!!! :)

I need to find out where I can buy this localy or if anyone has it on their fuge so I can feed him until he gets used to eating the other stuff. I used to have it, but I threw it away after my other tangs wouldn't eat it a couple of months ago :mad:!

Thanks All-
Higor

Blonde Naso Tang Vid-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msXfy2QsueU&feature=youtu.be

Nice looking fish Higor
Reef cleaners usually has good deals on algae if no one has any
Buy a ton and grow it

Thanks man. I bought everything that Petco in Saugus had yesterday. I have some more in the fuge to feed him and a little extra to grow it out. But he seems to chow it down fast!!!

I just need more to hold me out for a week or so...hopefully he will learn to eat the other things with the other fishies...

I'm gonna check out that place u recommend.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Hi Higor, did you try soaking the nori in garlic juice?

I did Jason, I tried everything soaked in garlic and he would nip on the nori but spit it out. I am really hoping he will learn to eat with the Hippo... I mean the Hippo wouldn't touch the Gracilaria Algae, and now after seeing the Naso eat it last night and today he is eating it with him!

Higor

krystal clear aquitcs in auburn had some but it was about $4 an oz, if you get desperate I have some in spencer

When I bought my Achilles I grabbed a huge bag off Ebay, dirt cheap also. Prob buy Mon/Tue for Wed delivery (Mon being a holiday and all).

Also tried this one in the past: www.ipsf.com/tangheaven.html

Last edited:
When I bought my Achilles I grabbed a huge bag off Ebay, dirt cheap also. Prob buy Mon/Tue for Wed delivery (Mon being a holiday and all).

Also tried this one in the past: www.ipsf.com/tangheaven.html

I just checked ebay, and they are not cheap! I can't believe I threw a bunch out in a few months ago cause it was overtaking my fuge! Where on ebay did you get?

I think Archit might be able to save my behind for a little while. But it's a good thing to know where I can get more just in case this guy takes a while to start eating Nori...

Thanks bro!
Higor

Back