Please Help the marine biology / aquaculture students of Durfee HS, Fall River MA

The curious black sea bass and cool striped sea robin

Cool fish from the dual 300gal chilled system...

Attachments

• DSCN0816.jpg
    DSCN0816.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 294
  • DSCN0818.jpg
    DSCN0818.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 272
Filtration on chilled system...

3/4 HP chiller
bead biofilter

Attachments

• DSCN0817.jpg
    DSCN0817.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 274
  • DSCN0820.jpg
    DSCN0820.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 267
are you coming to the June meeting? If so, we could put out a 'donate a bag of salt' request. I will personally be happy to bring one as well, if I know it's going to get there.....

I am going to try to make it to the June meet... But my wife is within 1 month of the big day... yes our first child is on the way, so no guarantees. I may hav to wait a month.

I was just there and was thoroughly impressed by the setup. I came in expecting a small classroom with a one or two tanks. It almost looked more like a fishery, especially with the two 300g holding tanks.

Bob, one of the teachers, even showed me a slide of a live one day old squid. Very cool.

Hopefully Vinny will post pictures soon.

:)

Well, the pics are in, please enjoy and understand that hopefully we will be improving these systems with your help. They are well cared for now, just underfunded.

Thank you again Anthony, will keep you updated.

I went to Durfee HS today to drop off 2 bags of salt . I meet Katie , Bob & Matt who give me a tour of all the tanks . I spend about 45 minutes touring & talking about there program I have to say the three of them are very dedicated to this program. I have also offered them my help in any way I can

This is well worth the clubs help & support !!!!!!

Man i wish i went to a high school?

what kind of stuff do you do? do they kids build reef tanks or just study what you have?

I dont have any salt wondering if i can donate frags or anything?

Update on helping Durfee HS Fall River MA

Hi All!

First, thanks are in order...

Coral Reef Aquarium in Seekonk, MA donated 400 gal of IO yesterday and we want to extend major thanks. Jeremy and Ruth are the best!

Anthony (jamesdong009) donated some and transported some from Peter (gonorth16) as well.

Mike (CaptainHook210) donated 150 gal, a 55 AGA and stand with live sand as well.

-Paypal... Good Idea, I will look into this.

-BRS support... this list and description of the program is coming up, my wife has been swamped with end of the year stuff and I have been up at 3 am every day this week hauling a seine by hand for 4 hours a day and doing other field work so I have honestly been beat. I will be updating and providing info soon.

Thanks Again!

More to come...

Man i wish i went to a high school?

what kind of stuff do you do? do they kids build reef tanks or just study what you have?

I dont have any salt wondering if i can donate frags or anything?

The tanks are used to teach a variety of marine science topics, from swimming adaptations in fish to aquaculture and ecology. They are worked into the curriculum very well. Example soon to follow.

Frags are welcome, but October-November 09 should do just fine. We need to hold off until ready.

you might want to PM Dave M on this; he is our reef conservationist-in-chief. Also, we were waiting to hear from them, and as far as I know, we haven't....

you might want to PM Dave M on this; he is our reef conservationist-in-chief. Also, we were waiting to hear from them, and as far as I know, we haven't....

I could , but I'm sure there's others here that are interested about this . Maybe he could post something about it here

Back