plumbing | cap inside aquarium "Safe?"

SharkLover

T5 LPS
I was thinking of re-using my bulkheads. But to do so I would need to cap off the inside of the aquarium since i've exhausted all the PVC on the outside of the bulkhead. Has anyone capped off PVC inside their tanks and is there any danger to doing so instead of capping the nonsubmerged PVC?
The only thing I can think of is water pressures (if differences exist) and heat from the T5's.

Is this a threaded or slip bulkhead? If threaded no problem, if slip the only issue would be letting the cement dry. You could try it without cementing it, but it might leak slightly.

if thats the only problem then i should be fine. I expected to go 24 hours while the cement dried at half full.

Oh, well if you are prepared to do that why not just pick up a spare bulkhead (@$8) and cement the plug in advance, then shut down the tank and swap out the bulkhead, 5 min max without flow.... :)

1 step ahead. I went over to Unique aquaria this weekend and got all the bulkheads to do exactly that :)

Going to cement the bulkheads in advance and replace the sand with new one, seeding itself.

Back