possible clown fish breeding?

dmurb

Non-member
I have a pair or Darwin occelaris clowns I have had them for 2 years and they were together for 2 years before I got them. I just came home and noticed the females belly is extremely bloated. And as I'm looking in I notice the males belly is also extremely bloated. I figured the female was carrying eggs when I saw her belly but why is the males belly bloated as well. And also upon further investigation I notice my female mandarin also has an extremely bloated belly. I'm not sure what is going on I moved my tank about 3 weeks ago I lost quit a bit of corals but everything has been fine the last 2 weeks. I have a pair of orange occelaris in the same tank and they are fine as well as a pair of gold stripe maroon clowns in a separate tank but the same system and they are fine. Anyone experience this before? Anyone have any suggestions.

My ph is at 8.2
Temp is constantly 78 never fluctuates
Salinity is at 1.026
0 ammonia
0 Nitrates
0 nitrites
.25 phosphate
Calcium 440
Mag. 1450
Kh 8
I know my mag is high. Is on its slow decent down. Raised with tech m due to bryopsis many months ago

Hi bud, that's crazy. My clowns lay eggs religiously and their stomach doesn't get nearly as bloated.

And like I said my female mandarin has the same bloated stomach. I just thought it was weird the male had it too

Back