Ques. (Question of the Day?) Bryopsis

I had it and used reef flux to eradicate it.
Followed the instructions ,l did a water change at the end and and ran carbon.

Fed up with the issue, I resorted to using kitchen tweezers to painstakingly eliminate as much of it as possible. I then utilized a toothbrush and tweezers during water changes to meticulously clean the rocks. Additionally, I adjusted my white/red light spectrum to 0. After consistent effort, I have successfully eradicated the problem from my tank and it is no longer an issue.

After manually battling Bryopsis for months, I said, “why?” And started fluconazole treatment. After a week, it’s already waaaay better. Will let it run its course for a few weeks but looking good so far

Anyone see or have any adverse effects such a** Cyanobacteria, Dinoflagellates or anything other after using Fluconazole?

Anyone see or have any adverse effects such a** Cyanobacteria, Dinoflagellates or anything other after using Fluconazole?
I’ve heard people ask that but I’ve not experienced that at all. I do a treatment about once a year and then follow with daily additions of microbacter for good measure.

I’d keep an eye on nutrient levels and alk. Nutrients will spike from algae die off and lack of algae will also contribute to increased nutrients which in turn will mess with the balance of your water and corals might stop consuming alk until they readjust.

Yeah for sure. Already had Ostreopsis Dino’s, and they’ve gotten a bit worse. Have a UV on order and not too concerned that can take them out after. Had been dosing phosphate, but that seemed to fuel the Bryopsis like mad. Corals still happy at least

Back