Reef stuff yard sale.

Jennifer

Moody and emotional slob
Been digging through my storage room and finding a whole lot of stuff I am not going to need after the new system is built.
I mean a lot of stuff including 4 tanks I will not be using and would like to get rid of at some point.

What about the idea of getting a bunch of people together and have a giant reefing garage sale?

Sounds cool to me and I bet a lot of others would want to score some good used stuff.

Just a thought tho what do you all think?

I don't think i have much to sell, but this sounds like a good way to get some good deals. I would go

Awesome idea Jen, I am moving this month and know I will have tons of stuff I need to get rid of!(If I don't do it before the move that is). But count me in either way!

I was thinking late November early December as a time frame. But of course if it is to be held at a meeting then I guess that would be a board decision. I think it should start early on that day maybe before the normal meeting hours.

can we open up the "yard sale" theme to include frag swapping? I am going to be done cycling and hungry for frags at that point!!!

(and as always am looking for more equipment... much to the chagrin of my lady)

can we open up the "yard sale" theme to include frag swapping? I am going to be done cycling and hungry for frags at that point!!!

(and as always am looking for more equipment... much to the chagrin of my lady)

Septembers meeting was pretty much just that idea. The BOD has interest in doing this again with a centralized location.

where is a centralized location. i thank if we open this to paided and nopaided member and sell tables to make money for the club.

Last edited:
I think if we open this to paid and nonpaid members and sell tables to make money for the club.

I think that is a good idea. Maybe like $10 per table.
Or let people split a table if they do not have a lot of stuff to sell.

where is a centralized location. i thank if we open this to paided and nopaided member and sell tables to make money for the club.

Central location would be Framingham and that is exactly how the September meeting was setup

Perhaps someone with a large house and a empty (for the meeting) two car garage for the stuff. Somewhere in the Metro-West area would be ideal. Cook up some burgers and have a few brews. This could be a semi informal get together. I have a few things from 19 years of reefing I'd like to get rid of.

Last edited:
Back