RODI cartridges

GobyWanKenobie

BRS Member
Are all the rodi carbon filter cartridges the same? Does it have to be an aquarium store or can I order the home water filter cartridges from Amazon?

Are all the rodi carbon filter cartridges the same? Does it have to be an aquarium store or can I order the home water filter cartridges from Amazon?
I could be mistaken but I'm sure many get the aquarium tax. I got some inexpensive 1 micron sediment filters but splurged on the usual carbon, chloramine and spectrepure silica buster di

I've got the sediment filters from Amazon, but I'm also wondering what kind of carbon cartridges to use as replacement for my RODI system. I'm on well water.

The filters from Amazon are the same functionally. I buy all my RO/DI supplies from Amazon to avoid the Reefer tax. FWIW, the anion resin component of the DI resin should sufficiently capture silicates - if your water is known to be high in silicates you can just purchase more of the anion resin for your mix.

Thanks for the replies. I usually buy my cartridges from BRS and my membrane off of Amazon, but I was thinking of doing it all from one place this time.

I had read that chloramine will degrade the RO membrane, so I make sure my carbon blocks, I run 2, remove it. Not all carbon blocks remove chloramine. I get mine from BRS, worth the $17 per in my opinion.

Back