Rose Bubble tip Anenome doesn't want to "bubble"

Kevin McG

Ni Hao!
I've had this anemone for quite some time and it seems happy but doesn't bubble :confused: actually, none of my anemone's do:(

I love the thing but it would be so much more attractive if it did. Has anybody figured out any tricks to get the to?

Nobody really seems to know what triggers it. I was watching a show on Discovery where they said scientist seemed stumped by it and they thought maybe it had to do with them hosting. My green BTAs just started to bubble after 1.5 years and they barely do. My RBTA doesn't at all.

bta

It needs a clown.
I have 5 bubble tips and my clowns use 3 of them.All three bubble,the others stay small.
I also was watching a show on coral reefs and they said the anenome's only bubble when they have a clown

Nobody really seems to know what triggers it. I was watching a show on Discovery where they said scientist seemed stumped by it and they thought maybe it had to do with them hosting. My green BTAs just started to bubble after 1.5 years and they barely do. My RBTA doesn't at all.

What's funny is this rose was split from Casey's huge anemone, it bubbled up in his tank.

It needs a clown.
I have 5 bubble tips and my clowns use 3 of them.All three bubble,the others stay small.
I also was watching a show on coral reefs and they said the anenome's only bubble when they have a clown

The Anemone has had a host(clarkii) for the last year or so and it has never bubbled. It currently doesn't have a hosting clown due to me removing the clarkii. My O. Percula hangs out in my torch and hasn't gone near it as of yet. I do plan on getting another O. Percula to try and get a mated pair.

I have an RBTA that has clowns hosting in it, and it never bubbles up. I have heard that feeding it helps, but it never makes a difference for mine. I'd love to hear if there's a magic solution! Until then, I'll just pretend mine is an LTA. :)

So far there is no credible explanation for bubbling or not. Most of the theories have been debunked or at least shown to have so many exceptions to the rule that they are pretty useless.

The BTAs usually don't bubble in our tanks and they usually do in the wild. On the reef we would see patches of many of them and most would be bubbled, but some wouldn't be with no difference in flow, clowns, or lighting.

My rose bubbles sometimes and sometime it doesn't

Sometimes only half of it has bubbles

No idea why :confused:

Hosting Issue

I'm not sure about the hosting issue, because my two RBTAs bubble most of the time and they are not and have not hosted anyone in my tank. Mine are also quite a bit lighter color than most I have seem, almost a light pink when bubbled up. They seem to be very healthy and happy.

Doug

These are my RBTs. They plit from a single about 2 months ago and are always together side by side.

Doug

Attachments

• 2 RBTA.jpg
    2 RBTA.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 145
Mine bubbles after I feed it daily for about a week. Haven't paid much attention to it lately so it's kind of stringy now. Will feed for a week again and see what happens.

Last edited:
Back