Scooter Blenny

Macboy

BRS Member
Purchased a scooter bleeny at Petco the other day....more of a rescue than anything. Seems to be doing fine. Hopping all around the tank and generally making himself at home. My question is what do they eat? Should I purchase copepods or just let him eat the algae. He doesn't eat any of the prepared foods I provide so just a bit concerned.

does he eat the sand (so to speak), i drop a few extra pellets in for my goby, he gets em off the sandbed whenever.

scooter blennys mostly eat copepods, isopods, and other tiny critters. Occasionally you can get 1 to eat prepared food, but that is difficult to do. Though sometimes you can get lucky. When I got mine he was eating small pellets while in Qt now he has so many pods to eat that he turns his nose up when I drop a few pellets in.

Scooter blennies are like Mandarins you need to have lots of pods and critters for them to eat or they may starve to death.

My scooter did start eating prepared foods right from the start so I guess like a Mandarin, it is not out of the range of possibility that they will eat pf. Mine has grown quite well since I got him so he is definitely eating well. Pods are definitely the menu item of choice for them......

I had one the mowed down mysis, they can learn. Be diligent and mabye try and score some marco from someones fuge and shake some pods off of it. I have plenty if you need a hook up.

Back