Setting up 30G this w/e

Aquataholic420

Non-member
ok so i plan on setting up my first Sw tank this w/e. i am buying a setup off of somebody i know, and i am getting there fish and corals too!
how do i acclimate fish and corals into there tank once i get it set up in my house?? im getting fish and corals, so how long can they live in buckets until i set up this tank?? PLEASE HELP THE ROOKIE ONCE AGAIN!
thanks you all
}josh

acclimate

One of the most important things is to get temp, salinity, and PH matched between the two. Nitrates are important as well but to hard to match up.

ALSO: Tell person not to feed about 2 days prior. That will reduce waste they expell while stressed from the move. Alot of fish waste in a small bucket is also not good.

You should have a temp. holding tank ready to go whether it be a tank or rubbermaid. It should be running with Powerheads, 78-80 degrees, and salinity 1.022-1.025.

You will still have to acclimate from the bucket/bags whatver from the transport to the holding tank. I would get as much water as possible from the old tank and have something waiting. You have time but eventually heat starts to go away and O2 starts to diminish as well.

If done properly it should be ok

The fish and corals could live in the buckets for hours providing temp, salinity, and O2 is maintained. Watch for jumpers(Use Eggcrate/mesh) and you will need more than 1 bucket because you do not want corals touching. Chemical warfare in a bucket is not a good situation.

Last edited:
Back