setup questions for a 130 gal...

Johorocks

Non-member
so i recently acquired a 130 with stand, canopy, lights and other things... now comes the setup... it has a 4 stage lifegard filter system underneath. 1 is mechanical filter, 2 is chemical filter, 3 is a heater, and 4 is not labeled but has glass tube inside that says do not look at burning something(uv?). do i need all this? should i eliminate some? also it came with a wet dry filter with bio balls and a skimmer. someone suggested to lose the bio balls and us it as a sump. also the lights are attached to large black boxes with switches. no clue what those are either... any and all opinions/suggestions on setup and operation will be appreciated!! do i need all this stuff? should i modify? should i replace? lets hear it!

sounds like a nice set up, the 4 stage system is ok, might be good for carbon , not sure it is worth the hassle though. yes the last stage sounds like a UV sterleizer (sp). dump the bio balls and maybe fill it with live rock.

sounds like u have Metal halides. ...............................

The lights attached to large black boxes with switches would be the lights external ballast

Sounds like you got a sweet setup from someone that knows what the were doing good luck fire say the questions

Back