So its time to share an energy saving Idea

reefstarter

Non-member
I wanted to upload a video of how this thing runs but couldn't get it on here but anyway what I do with my skimmer is this .......

I plumbed a 1 inch line in to it off of my return pump ( Hammerhead ) and put a venturi in line before entering the skimmer . The skimmer body I am using is an old euro reef C3 with a 12 inch chamber and cup .
I did put an airstone in there to add to the air intake but it works without it just not as well as I would like

I had been playing around with different venturi configurations for a few months Tried making an adjustable one that was a real PITA to tune and settled on thie simplest form of a venturi to run it because you can adjust it by setting the water height only which is pretty easy .

At first I thought I had an original Idea because nobody is using this way to run a skimmer and was doing Patent searches for hours on end . took me about 2 months of looking at different patents to find one like it . so I guess there aren't many out there . But with electricity cost so high these days I am suprised there are not any being used . anyway thats my tip for the day .

Back