some updates with photos hopefully

ken0504

Non-member
Ok, I picked up some live rock and sand from Lovely Pets yesterday. Not much, about 8 lbs. rock 8lbs sand. I have attempted some photo attachments of my aquascape and LED lights. Lets see if it worked.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 369
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 370
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 382
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 378
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 365
awesome scape, what you plan on keeping sps? lps? I really wanna see what these fixtures can do.

a little bit of everything. If anyone is interested I can bring one light and my laptop to the meeting. If someone has a par meter maybe they can bring it.

That is acually 4 pieces that I made with epoxy and nylon rod. the large piece on right, the arch, and then two pieces on left.

That is real nice,keep it up.Just remember that the only thing that happens quick is bad. G O S L O W ! ! !

looks great. The rocks are very interesting and allow alot of room for fish to swim. Keep us updated on how the LED's work with corals. Especially if you end up keeping SPS.

Welcome! Love the aquascape. Glad to hear that its epoxied and not just balancing up there. Keep the progress pigs coming.

The rockscape looks great! Where did you get those LEDs? I'm in the process of building an LED setup for my 3 gallon.

I got them in a group buy on Manhattan Reef. 2 units, 90 watts each = 400-450 MH. They are controled by my laptop via bluetooth. There are alot of features but mainly.
1. I can control the intensity from 0%-100%
2. adjust from 10000K to 24000K, great for color pop or change for visitors to look at tank.
3. Set sunrise and sunset for upto 1 hr. the light intensity slowly raise to what I set the maxium in that time
4. full-moon cycle. from no moon to full moon. I was surprised the first time there was no moon, I had no lights then a couple days later they slowly came on.
5. adjust fan speed or just let internal temp determine speed.
6. seasonal and weather conditions. lights are on for less time in winter and more in summer. I can program up to 40 times a day intensity changes for 10 minutes each to simulate cloud cover.

They provided par readings of 1200 1 inch into water and 350 20 inches into water. I'd like to check that for myself.

I just got back into the hobby and never had the correct lights so I thought i would role the dice with led. these are $875 each, the group buy was $525 each. with extended warrenty. I'll see how it works.

Any questions let me know

very nice indeed! too much sand for me personally but who cares!
not sure if the salt gonna build up on the pictures though! Welcome!

Back